jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

About duplicates

1. Annabelle74 profile image61
    Annabelle74posted 6 years ago

I know that Hubpages doesnt like duplicates, which is why i havent published my articles elsewhere. What i am doing though is saving them to my blog. There's only one of me and only 24 hours in a day, and i would like to at least be able to use my articles to promote my blog too. I thought that was ok, as the blog is my own on my website. But now i started to receive notifications that i'm posting duplicates. If i'm not allowed to save my hubs on my personal blog too, then please let me know and i will probably just want to delete my Hubpages account.
    <no self-promoting URLs in the forums, please review forum rules>

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can certainly use your articles to promote your blog, but that's not the same thing as publishing the exact same content in a Hub and your blog at the same time.  In fact, that's pretty pointless - why should anyone go to your blog if they can read the whole thing on HubPages?  Also bear in mind that Hubs have a far higher profile than your blog, so it's the Hub that will turn up in search engine results instead of your blog - and I'm sure that's not what you want.

The right way to do it - write some original Hubs on your blog's subject, with a link back to your blog in each one. You'll earn from the Hubs and they will be very effective at promoting your blog, too.

For instance, I suspect some factual Hubs about OCD could do very well - then link back to your own blog as a personal illustration of how it affected you.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

take it from Marisa Wright

2. 0
    Whikatposted 6 years ago

Hi Annabelle74.
    First I would recommend getting that link to your site off your post. No self promotion is allowed. Second, I am not sure what your site's topic is because you have a variety with your 3 hubs. If you would like to keep hubpages as a promotional tool to your site, I would probably suggest that you just write a small description of your articles and then place your hubpage URL under the description for your visitors to find the articles. I hope this helps.

3. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Duplicate content is allowed, you do get a warnign but nothing will happen because of it.  There is some contention as to the fact of whether posting duplicates of your own content will harm you.

The original should still do pretty well, but you might not get much benefit from your duplicate postings.

1. Norah Casey profile image80
      Norah Caseyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Duplicate content cannot accompany promotional links, such as those directing towards your blog. You can post content that appears on both your HubPages account and your blog, but you cannot link to any promotional domains.