jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Hubscore & those who don't post for a long time

1. barryrutherford profile image31
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

I was going through some of my followers who have been absent from hubpages some for over six months yet their hubscore remains in the 90's just Wondering if anyone knows  Why this is so ?

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Traffic.

2. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

The reason for the high score has to be due to quality of their hubs. They should have great hubs which would be getting a lot of traffic. This is the reason that they have high hubscores.

3. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

I found a quality hub with no traffic can have a very high hub score,certainly that score contribute to the overall score of a hubber.Indeed traffic and the comments on hubs also have great affect on hour hub score, even if you don't have any posting for a long time.

4. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

If I am not wrong aged contents also gets better ranking,i think that also work.

5. Anath profile image72
    Anathposted 6 years ago

I have been away for most of the summer and my score still in the 90s.  I was afraid to come back and find that I had to start from zero, but it was a nice surprise to see that my traffic had remained stable and my score didn't go that low.

barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes but you have hot lips !

6. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

It is the combination of all factors, I believe.  Good traffic, great content and viewers voting up (sharing - digg it etc). Much of it is about naturally evolving backlinking from others. Just because you are not active, doesnt mean that activity stops.

For example, I remember Marisa saying once... she had started out on HP the same time as the likes of Darkside etc.  She left her hubs - almost forgot about hp - returned a long while after and was surprised to see how well her adsense and level of traffic performed.  Marisa always provides good content and, even for then, this thrived.

So, set up your articles right in the first place, have great content and - as Amazon says, your done!

By that I imply your saying we get no points for loyalty & regularly servicing our hub ?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Barry, you will be fine, your author score is above 75 so it is a do follow, and that is a lucky number in Chinese, double 8

I'll buy that !   Thanks Maita...

7. MM Del Rosario profile image82
    MM Del Rosarioposted 6 years ago

I agree with Shaz, it is a combination of all factors. So keep writing with great content and you will reap the rewards in the months ahead.

8. A la carte profile image60
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

I take heart from threads like this. Makes me want to provide the quality that will endure:)

9. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

I haven't been active on HubPages for months now, but my Hubber Score remains in the nineties.

1. melbel profile image91
      melbelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same, I've only dipped into the 80s like once or twice. Not being smug or anything, I would love for my score to be 100!

10. barryrutherford profile image31
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your comments I know if I go away for a week or two or longer which I have my score will drop somewhere up to and between 5 & 10 points

working