jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Need help deciding whether or not to keep comment...

1. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Okay, I know this is silly, maybe even stupid, but I got this comment on a hub of mine about Silly Bandz a few days ago and I don't know if I should delete it or approve it.  I usually have no problem doing either, but this one has me stumped.  It's obviosuly written by a kid, just how old I have no idea:

"i love silly bandz when i have them on i feel like im in a whole new world. I have had them for three months i am getting new ones soon i cant wait . I love Logan M his in my class i . im going to his hous for dinner tonight i am metting his parents im scard i hope it goes well . Hes here i got to go i love silly bandz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I started to compose a response that was very "mom-ish", but decided agianst it.  What do you think I should do?

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

maybe just address the comment and thank them for reading. I take it it is a comment from outside HP?

3. Lily Rose profile image83

Correct, it's not from a hubber.  Thanks for your advice, RebekahELLE!

4. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

It's a very cute comment.  I don't understand your dilemma. Why would you worry about whether or not to approve it?

If it were my hub, I'd say something along the lines of:

Hi (posting name used)! I'm glad you enjoy Silly Bandz! Good luck with Logan and his family!  Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a nice comment!

5. Lily Rose profile image83

KCC - thanks, you're right.  I guess I was trying to read too much into it because the comment sounds so immature, yet she's talking about going to a boy's house to meet his parents ... yet it is not my place to judge.  It's the mom-of-two-girls in me wanting to attack!

I will take your wonderful advice and roll with it!

6. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Sounds quite interesting. And, you'd be correct that is sounds like a kid wrote the comment. I would just address the comment as it is seen and just be grateful for their visit. smile

7. Lily Rose profile image83

Thanks, Cags!  I tend to read into things when it's not necessary.  Used to be a criminal investigator - must be where it comes from!

8. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I'm sure it IS a kid....but c'mon....Silly Bandz are geared for pre-teen girls.  I have lots of kids comment on my birthday party hubs.  Kids looooooove to comment.

9. Lily Rose profile image83

I guess I was caught off-guard because I've never received a comment from a kid (that I know of, anyway) and I'm going to shut up now because I'm just making an ass out of myself!  Thanks, fellow hubbers, for the helpful comments and goodnight!

10. A la carte profile image59
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

Saying thank you sounds good and it is a nice comment I think it should be kept:)

working