jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Paying For People?

1. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image60
    KnowledgeAnywhereposted 6 years ago

The basic function of my first hub was to sell something although I never published it at all because all it could possibly recieve would be google ads.  It was arrange in such a way Amazon was the biggest thing to see.  But due to my location in the United States Amazon does not or will not accept me as an affiliate. 

So it comes down to the question can you technically pay someone to post the hub written by another user and redirect those sales to the original author?

Or is there some way around the Amazon maze other than moving states?  Does Amazon send checks or not if I were an affiliate.  Above all else why did Amazon blacklist a few states?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I believe it was to do with tax.

And as for cooking up a deal with someone else - you may be able to but they would probably want a cut.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If you have parents or a good friend in another state with an address you can use you might be okay, it's on dodgy ground though.

The good news is that it is still okay in your state to sell via affiliate tools, but you have to make sure you declare the earnings. The reason people are being shut out of the amazon program is that the states wanted Amazon to manage tax related issues, rather than the state track down people not paying tax.

4. alternate poet profile image73
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

Of course you can operate from an out of state address with no problem.