jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

New guy need a help

1. Kraujobroliai profile image60
    Kraujobroliaiposted 6 years ago

I have registered today and have a few questions.
    Firstly Hubscore in my avatar was 30, but now it is only 28. How is it counted. Also how my hub's hubscore is counted(it is now 50)? Voting?
    After submitting the hub when does the traffic from google start? How many days after?
    Maybe have any tips for my hub? http://hubpages.com/hub/Target-audience

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

first welcome
    second you should post your hub link in extreme hubmakeover forum, it is not the right place.
    third check this forum post http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1233071

3. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

Welcome,  Kraujobrolial. You have only just joined so do not worry about your score, they always start off low. If you produce good hubs that are original then it will rise quite quickly. Also, newly published hubs tend to start off at 50, especially if you write it and publish straight off. Good luck!

4. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

I had a quick look at your hub, I think it could benefit from a few more pictures. There are some small grammar issues, but I think that is because English is not your first language?

I think the part of the hub I might want to rethink is the part about tobacco advertising. I live in the UK where tobacco advertising has been banned, it is not even allowed on billboards - I'm not sure if it also banned in the US, but if so you might want to change that part as you are probably trying to target that market?

1. Kraujobroliai profile image60
      Kraujobroliaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your comments.
      Talking about pictures, can I post pictures that I find on the net? Because I don't have my own pictures which fits to this article.
      Yes you are right, my first language isn't English and now writting articles I try to improve my English,
      Tobacco advertisiments are banned in my country too (I am from Lithuania), but I just gave an example from the past.
      Thanks again Polly, I really appreciate your help.

5. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

hi Kraujobroliai and welcome to HP's- I would do as Polly suggests or move the youtube advert up about 4 paragraphs you have a large block of writing which needs breaking up.Apart from that it looks ok-

6. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

In my humble opinion, you are off to a better start than most. Time will “cure” your hubscore, i.e.: it will go up.