jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Idea: The Hub Exchange Program

1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 6 years ago

I was thinking what if somehow there was a way to have a hub exchange program where you agree to "exchange" another users hub for like a day to do some editing on it and make it so it will perform better. Then like the person gets your hub for the day and they like do their thing to make it better. It would be like cleaning someone else's house. No-one wants to clean their own house but cleaning someone else's house is better because like you get to like I dunno, yeah, it's just more fun.

It's kind of a dumb idea that could end up in one party not fulfilling their end of the bargain or one party ending up with hurt feelings, but I decided to toss the idea into the wind because it could be a really good idea with some development... maybe.

1. 0
      the_Jokerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

not sure that this idea would work

one idea..a more facile captha system..the current captha system is annoying, as is 'giving your hub a unique address"..both are stumbling blocks to me in that they slow me down and I find them somewhat frustrating..capthas are flat out often difficult to read and I do understand that they eliminate spam..I've seen numbers used in capthas and they are infinitely easier to read

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The captcha disappears once your author score reaches a certain level.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used to clean other people's houses, but I only did it when they paid me.  If you'd like to clean my house for free, you are welcome to c'mon over and I'll get you started.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

It is impossible for legal reasons. Once a person edits another person's work with their permission, a new "collective work" is created and the contributors have a shared copyright. It would require a contract to make it clear that such work was made "for hire," and HubPages would never want to get involved in any of this.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

This sort of idea has been raised before but more with the idea of a "Suggest an edit" button or box, viewable only by the hub author, unlike normal hub comments.

4. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I think suggestions and ideas on how to improve a hub are generally welcome, but I would be very unhappy about anyone else being able to edit my work and change it.

For better or worse, its my work and I feel protective of it. Also I want to keep learning and being able to improve my hubs on my own over time.