jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Google Rankings

1. HELLA profile image60
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

So my question is about Google Rankings. I hope someone can help. There is a lot of info out there and I have read it.

If you have a targeted keyword with all low Google SERP, I'm talking 0-1, Hubpages SHOULD be able to beat that if you have written a hub with solid keyword placement, correct?

For example:

I'll say the keyword is Blue Bic Pens. Let's say Blue Bic Pens are a hot topic. If all of the first page results have rankings 0-1, and I write a hub titled http://hubpages.com/...Blue-Bic-Pens, it should rank higher than the others. Does anyone know why it wouldnt?

I can only imagine if I am competing against Bic.com,staples.com, and other large sites that sell the product, even though the PR is -, 0, or 1, just because of the sheer volume of the site that would topple my little hubpage. I know that with proper backlinking I may move up, but if my hub is indexed, and ISN'T in the first 100 results, what could be the problem?

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this. Thanks!

2. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 6 years ago

Generally, hubs that have no promotional backlinks will still grow to a pagerank of 2 within 6-9 months, provided the information is solid and the hub is at least 500 words long.  So yes, you're right, for a topic where all of the competition is 0-1, you should be able to outrank them in time.  It might take a few months though, so you'll have to be patient.

And if those other articles are also growing in pagerank concurrently, which they probably are, it can cause another stall in your trying to outrank them.  Your best bet is to make sure you have your keywords in your title, description, header, and URL, and make sure your content is good.  Then you shouldn't have too many problems.

3. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 6 years ago

0-1 for what? PageRank?

PageRank and SERPs aren't directly related.

1. HELLA profile image60
      HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

@ Darkside, 0-1 PR. My bad, I meant sites with a low PR and my sites not showing up in the SERP. I was writing that at work so my mind was moving too fast.

Basically I have targeted keywords with decent earning potential and low competition. I have written some hubs and hope they reach the top spot but they havent shown up in even the top 50 results. I am hoping that some hubs I have written on the and have ranked on the second page of the SERPS will move up over time. It's all a waiting game and I am now making sure to get backlinks, which I have recently begun doing.

4. HELLA profile image60
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

@ Benji, Thanks for the info! Time only makes pages stronger. They're like a fine wine getting stronger with age.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Page Rank is only one indicater used in SERPs, and there are over 300 indicators, so you have to look at a lot more than just page rank to determine competition for a niche.

1. HELLA profile image60
      HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have a link to more info on this? I can clearly see PR is only one of the many. Even if the PR is low on all of the sites you are competing with, it doesn't necessarily mean you are in like flynn.