jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Duplicate Copy

1. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 6 years ago

A year or so ago I started a blog but having no clear picture of what I wanted to do with it or where I wanted it to go after a few months or so I let it slip out of sight.

I wrote one article which seemed to hit a spot and had peaked at around 1000-1500 views a month over the summer months before withering from lack of attention.

I would like to take this article off the blog, split it into three or four linked hubs and use it as a centre for further related hubs leaving nothing of it on the blog apart from a link to it's new home.

Does the veto on duplicate copy prevent that, as even removed from the blog it will still be cached.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Opinions on the issue vary. I have seen suggestions to unpublish on the blog, wait about 1 week, then republish to HubPages. Others think it is better to republish immediately. Either way, the duplicate content flag - if any - should disappear after some time.

John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah, thanks for that. As I'll spend some time dividing up adding material and all that it would probably be unpublished for a while.
      My main concern was the thought of big burly blokes from Hub Pages Central appearing on my doorstep and doling out awful punishments like making me do the washing up and put things away!

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. It is not so, a duplicate content penalty is the worst you can encounter, and it should be only temporary. Please note also that no outbound commercial links are allowed on duplicate content.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

I assume no outbound commercial links does not mean no advertising.

1. 0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Advertising is fine, since you will be sharing the revenue (page impressions) with HubPages. So the outbound links would be affiliate links, links to your blog and so forth.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

chek this forum post, you may get some clue http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/52525

Thanks for that link, it does help.

4. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Once you take the post down from your blog, you are free to publish it here, and it technically is not duplicate content. However, it will remain in Google's cache for anywhere from a few days to a month--that's what might trip the duplicate content flag, and that will go away when Google realizes the page isn't there any more. When that finally happens, drop the HP team a note and they can remove the flag.

And I would go ahead and post promotional links if you want/need to without worry. As long as you've taken it down from the other site, it's not duplicate content--regardless of the flag. Again, drop the HP team a note if you have any concerns.

working