jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Yahoo Spike

1. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

So I get pretty good traffic from Google and experience those great spikes that last for weeks on various topics depending on the type of year.  I sometimes get that cool spike from Stumbleupon which doesn't produce clicks but lots of traffic which is very cool.

But generally my Yahoo traffic stays pretty constant.  Its ok but nothing to write a forum post about. Until today, I have gotten a crazy yahoo traffic spike for the past few days on a hub that is over a year old.  Not complaining of course, just wondering if Yahoo all of sudden is giving Hubpages the love or something.

Very cool though, Yahoo traffic produces clicks.

2. Benjimester profile image90
    Benjimesterposted 6 years ago

I've gotten Yahoo spikes before, and I've never understood where they've come from.  My traffic is almost all exclusively Google.  My Yahoo spikes have only ever lasted for about 3 days, and then was business as usual again.  I hope yours lasts longer smile

3. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

Ya, I was thinking that was the case, but I guess we just enjoy it while it happens.

Thanks for info.

4. alternate poet profile image75
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

A spike translates as people searching for something specific from Yahoo or anywhere - I am assuming - something must be producing the interest, a tv show or a  bit of news or something, it must be possible to locate the trigger or track down the article engine that is interesting people - I have no idea HOW but it must theoretically be possible surely ?

5. Benjimester profile image90
    Benjimesterposted 6 years ago

I thought that would be the case as well.  But for some reason, when I spiked in Yahoo twice, it was a spike in almost all my hubs.  I thought at first that Yahoo had given Hubpages more relevance as a domain, thereby translating into each individual hub.  But then the spike ended, and my Yahoo traffic went back to a slow trickle.  I really don't know what caused it.