jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

It's happening again

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

So I'm getting a spike in activity on a hub, from two different sites, and both are forum sites and I can't find the forums.  My Analytics doesn't show me crap. How do you find the actual link?

2. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

threaten hubPages or bribe them for intel?  lol

sorry buddy I surely not a clue

but wanted to sat hi smile

3. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

hmmm..... Sorry, no answer either.  Like Kimberly, just wanted to say hi and keep your thread alive!  smile

So, Hi Shades!!!  Hope you're well....waiting for the next gut wrenching laughing fun poke at him (you know who) hub!  lol  You two are too funny!  lol

1. viryabo profile image85
      viryaboposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Beth.  And I admit to really enjoying Christoph too.  He's a funny bastard and makes it really easy to rip on him because A) he can take a joke, and B) he's so likeable you just can't help but want to take him down.  Nobody wants to sit there and just let someone be that cool. Somebody has to step in and take guys like that down a notch. It's just the right thing to do.

I will try this.

Wilderness: I have had 0 luck with that thing except the page ranking thing, which is cool, but doesn't mean much to a hubber like me.

Pcunix: I am pretty sure your last part about the parallel universe is what actually happened.

4. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

search: yourlink site:theforumaddress

Im assuming you can see the forum the traffic is coming from , but cant find the threads?

rather than

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That worked.  Thank you.  smile

5. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I have seen this now and then.  It can come from deleted messages, messages that have scrolled off a dynamic page, a sidebar that includes Twitter, Facebook or RSS or even an old fashioned blog roll.

It can also be the program that says the link is there being very, very confused.  I have Google Alerts set on certain pages and sometimes I think the darn thing must have been roaring drunk because not only is there no reference where they say the link is, but I cannot imagine it ever having been there.

Another explanation involves parallel universes and yet another posits time travel - the link was there, but some future competitor went back and removed it.  I don't find those useful.

6. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

You might try Yahoo Site Explorer - if I'm reading it right it shows the links individually.

7. alternate poet profile image73
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

Clearly you are all mistaken - you must have 'faith' that it is there and just pray to it !

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Or we could use The Secret and just will the links to be there.  Or The Power of Positive Thinking to encourage the links to be there again later.