jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Ways to Recommend Other Hubbers' Hubs?

1. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

A few days ago, someone opened a thread where Hubbers could recommend good Hubs that they have read.  It was closed shortly after being opened, because the moderator said the information should be posted in "Recommend Another Hubber's Hub."

That specific thread starts out with the "rule" that posters within that thread must recommend a Hub by the person who posted above them.  While that is a good idea - giving us a reason to check out someone we haven't read before - it also creates two problems.

One is that the thread is open to gaming.  A poster recommends someone's Hubs so that the next person must recommend theirs; then the first one can reenter the thread as often as they wish, each time requiring that the next person recommend a Hub of theirs.  It's not a deal-breaking problem, just one that makes it easy to focus only on the Hubbers who are most active in that thread.

The second problem is that it leaves no option for Hubbers just to recommend Hubs they like, if the writer has not participated in that thread. 

I believe at one time there was a thread where the OP promised that the next 100(?) Hub recommendations would be tweeted.  Other than that thread, is there any way to recommend Hubs without participating in "Recommend Another Hubber's Hub" (which actually should be called "Recommend a Hub by the Hubber Above You")?

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

[hello Aficionada, i posted my poem on that topic i said you yesterday but changed the idea a bit, i named it "our sandpit".]

I don't know but I tried a different thing that you may like http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/52996

3. Aficionada profile image92

Thanks for responding, SS!  I enjoyed the chat yesterday, and I'll look at your poem shortly. smile

I read the thread you linked, and I guess it helps me to review my thoughts about recommending Hubs.  There is no real financial gain when Hubbers reading one another's Hubs.  But at the same time, it seems to me that doing so can help with the community aspect of HubPages, one of the elements that so many of us love.  I just like the idea of finding additional ways of learning about Hubs that I haven't run across yet, or of telling other people about the ones I have read and liked.  Maybe some other Hubbers will post here on the ways they do that.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

we can use it http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/54226 . I just opened it,lets see what happens.

4. Aficionada profile image92

I'll look at that.

I just read your poem, and it is beautiful!  I left a comment too - glad to see that others had read it and liked it as well.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile, just published few hours ago and immediately received some comments.

working