jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Still Getting a Dang Warning On My Newest Hub

1. Sunny Robinson profile image85
    Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago

I just published a hub about 15 minutes ago.  After I hit publish, I received a warning: "NOTE: A substantial portion of the content on this hub appears on other sites"

I figured, oh, it has to be the quotes from the press release that was sent to me by the PR of the company I'm writing about.  That press release is also found on other sites.  So, I removed most of it and wrote everything else in my own words.  I also included information that isn't generally found WITH the press release.

I wrote over 90% of my hub myself, in my own words.  I keep going back over it to find anything that I didn't write in my own words.  Perhaps less than 3% of it was taken from the press release information.

I hit done editing and STILL received the warning.  Currently, I am being lavished with love and sympathy by my fiance and best friend because I am feeling particularly frustrated.

SO! On that note, I leave you with this link.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/TerraCycle-Cele … -Milestone

Tell me, what else can be done?  What the heck do I have to do?

Any answers are very much appreciated.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Have a look at the second paragraph of the above link. Sometimes it can happen, since it is checked by a computer. Best to contact the site. smile

3. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

WryLit is right; it just takes a little while for the hub to be rechecked.  I ran a manual check on it, and the warning is gone now.

4. Sunny Robinson profile image85
    Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago

YAY! Thank you, Maddie.

And thank you, as well, WryLilt! smile

I was like, Nooo, I don't want a Hubscore Penalty! sad  But I feel better now.  Thanks again.