jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Revise?

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image71
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

So I went into one of my previously published Hubs to tweek it a little and add Amazon capsules. When I went back to republish it I was warned that I was violating adsense? I removed the capsules and tried again (same text as before)- what happened?

2. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

If the only thing you were adding in was new amazon items - what were they?

The only thing I can think is if they were adult content or something like that.

PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, they were quiting smoking aides

1. relache profile image85
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Were the Amazon items e-cigarettes?  If so, those are against AdSense TOS.

oh boy- those are the quit smoking cigs aren't they? If so, yep....so what happens now?

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Did you accidently delete anything, thus bring the word count down (if applicable)?

Nope. Now after I deleted everything but text and photos (even deleted my links) - it still says under violation and it has been published 4 weeks ago, has comments and has never had any problems prior to now...what is up? No matter what I do it is unpublished and under violation...I assume this will somehow effect my realtionship w/ Adsense? or Hubpages?  My Hub even had a score of 82!

4. paradigmsearch profile image86

Uh-oh… It might take awhile for the “TOS detector” to get over its “shock and dismay” at what you have done. Only HP can answer that one. Or reset it for you maybe. smile

5. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Just got called away while checking ToS. Here is a link:

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … wer=105948

So it said that stop smoking aides are okay???? Hmmmm, I guess I'll wait on HP's...thanks!

6. paradigmsearch profile image86

relache, is there an auto recheck/reset period? Do you know what it is? I wouldn't mind knowing that too.

Thanks everyone, who would've thought that something to help you stop smoking would violate anything....well- now I know! smile

okay- now it is super weird, checked my account and 2 red up arrows are showing on my Hub that is violated...it is still showing as submitted for publication?

and now a money sign with a slash thru it sad

1. WryLilt profile image85
            WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Two red arrows means a high increase in traffic.

However, remember that your own views are counted so it's probably from you editing and changing the page.

The money slash sign means that adsense adverts have been removed.

However if the team decides that it's appropriate, they will put the adsense back on. However just remember - once it is manually moderated by the team, any changes (even a tag) will take the adsense adverts off again.

working