jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

New Picture

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I felt it was time for a change, and I wanted to try to implement more features of things I write about. I put my new baby leachianus gecko on my glasses, on a dog book.

The gecko, represents my reptile hubs; the dog represents the dog hubs; the glasses represent everything else.

I wasn't sure how to incorporate the hamster, rat, and chinchilla hubs, or the sales hubs, so I figured this would do.

I hope the gecko doesn't deter anyone from my hubs. I will have to watch out.

I hate that I had to crop out how cute his little legs were when holding onto my glasses, so here it is in full

1. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ohh, I could never find out the meaning if it was not explained.

2. hublim profile image79
    hublimposted 6 years ago

Great picture, I’m glad you had such a wonderful model to work with.

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Yep - great picture/idea. I never really thought of gecko's as cute. Though the wrap-around leg look is very endearing smile

4. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I've been thinking of changing my avatar as well but haven't come up with a suitable replacement yet. 

Glad you explained it Whitney, because I'm not quite sure I would have figured out what it was.  He's a cutie, though!

5. Whitney05 profile image68

Weird thing is that I just logged on and my old picture is showing again. I had to reupload the new one again.

Anyone think the new one will deter visitors who aren't fans of reptiles?

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will be the first to run away, sorry...

6. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Yes... I changed my avatar also...
    This one best illustrates my impeccible breeding! smile
    I hated having to crop my legs (and things) just for the pic also! I was soooo hoping to use them some time in the future hmm big_smile

@MM Love your WollyGog.... I had one like that smile

Ooooo If I were a Bee... I would buzzzz all over your petals Megs smile

7. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

The nice thing about Hub Pages avatars -- like hairdos -- is that they can be changed!
    If you get comments or questions about the new one you can always change back or make another.
    I know -- how about a gecko riding on the back of a dog and they're both wearing glasses!
    While you're staging the shot you might also end up with an entry for Animal Planet big_smile!

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I am now a dahlia instead of a kitten, and I notice no one talks to me anymore.  Probably because talking to flowers is considered a little ditsy.  oh well.

9. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Perhaps I don't like change but I have to say I prefer the old photo.  Not that my vote counts....

Love the etymology of the new photo - needed those details.

10. Whitney05 profile image68

Hmm..  I don't think that the picture has much play on traffic and earnings, but we will see.

I just got tired of having my face on the hubs. I don't want to be recognized for them. I have had a few people run into me, as say they saw my hubs.

One guy is my dad's friend, and he was doing a search for sorbet recipes, and I have two hubs with recipes. Another guy, who came into my job, saw my receptionist hub.

1. Aficionada profile image94
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good points.  I started HP with a picture of my face as my avatar, but after a couple of months I changed.

I love the close-up picture of the gecko, especially after the explanation of it; but to be honest, as an avatar-sized picture it is hard to grasp.  That is, I would not have known what it is without your description, and initially I found it puzzling rather than endearing as I do find it now.  I also am not able to see the dog book you mention.

At this point, my thought is that this picture would work perfectly within your gecko Hubs, but I have reservations about using it as your avatar.