jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I make sure I am set up correctly on Adsense, Ebay and Amazon?

1. TiltII profile image60
    TiltIIposted 8 years ago

Ok I am very new . . . When setting up for the 3 advertising partners, it ask me for the website and name of website. 

I am tying to make sure my hubpages are set up with the 3 as far as tracking it. 

Do I use my profile as the webpage or an actual hub that I have published as the webpage?

I appreciate your help.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Use your profile URL.  Once you get your affiliate ID codes and input them, HubPages will place your ID in 60% of impressions on every hub for you (in AdSense ads, which appear automatically, and Ebay and Amazon capsules, which you add and place yourself).

3. TiltII profile image60
    TiltIIposted 8 years ago

sounds sad, but I have been on this all day> sad

So this is what I think I know:

I like to write and would desire to get paid smile

I know how to write a hub
    I know how to add a photo (pretty simple so far)

I understand the content of the ad is detected by google and they ad their advertisements or adsense and I might get paid.  Don't exactly know how but that is ok.

Now how do I add say books from Amazon into the Hub?  I feel like I am learning a foreign language with no instructor. 

And I guess the same would apply for Ebay. 

I have signed up the affiliate Ids for google, amazon and ebay and analytics but clueless how to put in the links so that people viewing my page can link to amazon, ebay, etc.

Thank you

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

When u are editing your hub u will see on the right hand side capsules for Amazon and Ebay - add 1 or both to your hub and then within the capsule select the products or search that u want to use to display the products
    Yes it is a foreign language :-)  but it gets easier with practice I can assure you. 

With Google analytics u can track how many people see your hubs and where they come from -

If u go to Adsense you will see the impressions and clicks of your visitors : add custom url channels if you want to track each hub separately

5. wolfedp profile image60
    wolfedpposted 8 years ago

I was trying to set up everything with amazon but they want my tax id. What is that and how do I find it?

6. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Hmm if you are in the US the number you file your tax return with