jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Any help would be appreciated!

1. dosters profile image87
    dostersposted 6 years ago

Help me make this hub the best it can be!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Logical-Fallaci … y-Are-Used

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I read it.

It was one long critter... smile

If your intended emphasis is strictly to explain logic, then I recommend using non-political/non-religious examples.

Otherwise, many readers won’t get past that; believing the example is the message, as opposed to understanding that the explanation of logic was the message.

Many readers can’t handle simultaneous concepts… Just a thought.

dostersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I felt that might be an issue.  I ended up using a lot of creationist examples because, quite frankly, they make them so often. 

I tried as best I could to use "balanced" fallacies.  I wanted people to be aware that people use these in real life, not just in some obvious way.

I'll try to re-work some examples.

3. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 6 years ago

I think you've done pretty well on your own, I doubt if it will be the most sought after though. I reckon it will grow on its own in time.

Thanks John!  I know it isn't the world's most interesting topic, but I found it interesting smile

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh I found it more than interesting, some of your explanations are amongst the clearest I've seen. Can't answer for my fellow men though:-)

2. lrohner profile image83
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I think you've done a very nice job on the hub. It is a bit long, but it's an interesting read.

You need to do some keyword research though. Your title and URL use "local fallacies" and that keyword gets little to no traffic. "Logical fallacy," on the other hand, does (surprisingly), and the CPC isn't horrible either. You can't change your URL, but I would add "logical fallacy" to your tags, and I would change your hub title to be "Logical Fallacy: Logical Fallacies..."

Made the change to my title.  Don't know what CPC means though (noob!).  "Logical Fallacy" and "logical fallacies" were already in my tags.

working