jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

amazon

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image67
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

How can you tell if someone cancelled an order thru Amazon?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

It should tell you? hmm

PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just wonder because u and I (cagsil) had our Amazon birthdays together and I haven't seen that it was sent or cancelled- Just ordered. I thought it took like 2 days to ship.?

1. Hovalis profile image88
        Hovalisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, not always. It can take up to a week or longer, especially with third parties. You can see on your order screen whether or not the item was ordered with Amazon or a third party.

The thing is, as well, that sometimes things are put on back order, and those are the ones which can take a while to deliver. I think my record so far is around 6-7 weeks for one item from when it was ordered. You only get credited when the item is shipped.

2. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine has already been shipped. So, I don't know. I would think there would be some way to tell...or maybe the item is out of stock at this time....so Amazon is holding it's status. I am not sure if they tell you that or not.

I am really a newcomer to this part. hmm Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Thanks Cags and congrats again on the order!

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome Paula. I hope your order ships soon and thank you again. smile

3. Hovalis profile image88
    Hovalisposted 6 years ago

I don't know of any way to determine it, other than it never shows up on your credited items. Returns are easy enough to determine, since you get a negative adjustment on your advertising fees, but otherwise it's just not there.

Sometimes it can be taking a while to show up because the vendor is out of stock as well. I've had items show up which had been ordered near the beginning of the previous month, so don't give up hope just yet.

Thanks for your help, I'll patiently wait for the checked box for SHIPPED- thanks again.

working