jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Text Capsule is not working properly in edit mode (browser IE 7)

  1. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 8 years ago

    I'm getting this error in any hub that I load in my browser IE 7:
    --------------------------------------------
    line: 14
    Char: 1
    error: tinyMCE is undefined
    --------------------------------------------

    I found it by double clicking on the warning icon displayed in status bar of the browser. Because of this error of page not loading properly, I'm unable to comment in hubs and also text editing is not working for my hubs.

    I checked in Opera browser and it has no such error. But, Opera for me seems relatively slower in processing than IE 7. Please help me to solve the error in IE.

  2. pauldeeds profile image
    61
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

    That looks like a javascript error.  You might want to try this: 1) open the hub editing interface, and then 2) hold down shift and refresh the page, 3) try the text capsule again.  Internet explorer 7 is working for other people, so the problem is probably something local with your computer or internet connection.

    1. weblog profile image58
      weblogposted 8 years ago in reply to this

      I tried what Paul said, still it shows the same error. Is there anything else I have to do? I mean, something to be installed or some setting to overcome the js error. Let me know if it is so.

  3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

    Internet explorer is not working for another person.I have tried edit text and edit link several times 2 days back and every time either got "erron in the page" or while submitting link and done editting it was vanished.
    Jyoti

  4. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 8 years ago

    And, also as I told already I'm unable to use the comment field(responding and posting new). It's the same when I try to comment in some other hub, it's all in IE 7.

  5. pauldeeds profile image
    61
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

    All I can think of is that you have an empty or corrupt copy of one of our javascript files cached on your local machine.  You could try opening each of these urls in your browser, and saving the file to disk:

    http://hubpages.com/editor/tiny_mce/tin … zip5207.js
    http://x.hubpages.com/s/js5207.js

    That may force your browser to replace them in your cache.  You can delete the saved file immediately after you save it.

    1. weblog profile image58
      weblogposted 8 years ago in reply to this

      Thank you. It seems to be normal now, though I did not do anything to rectify. I will try your method you have told, if the error occurs in future.

 
working