jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Looking for some Advise

1. Cordale profile image75
    Cordaleposted 6 years ago

Hey guys I am looking for some adsense advise.

I've recently begun to receive about a 4000% increase in search engine traffic to my articles and with that have received a much larger amount of impressions. I get around 2500 impressions a day from Adsense. However, my CTR is literally at <snipped> and I will go days with <snipped> impressions and no clicks. I will make around 1.50$ a day not receiving a single click but just accumulating from the pennies.

Is this normal? Do I just need to get 20,000 impressions to start making money or am I doing something wrong? cause <snipped> CTR is kind of bothersome. haha

Thanks,
    Cordale

1. Benjimester profile image91
      Benjimesterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well if you really are getting 2500 impressions a day from 28 hubs after 6 weeks, we should all be taking advice from you instead of the other way around.  I never go a day without clicks and my traffic is lower than 2500 impressions.  Hopefully it will pick up naturally with time for you.  The best advice would probably be to take a look into what the Analytics say about your traffic sources and their trends to try and appeal to more of them.  Also, with 2500 views a day, you should find some products from Amazon to sell to see if you can make up for the difference.

2. Cordale profile image75
      Cordaleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Guys how do I edit the post...? I can answer the other questions later.

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you see an Edit button to the bottom right of the post? If not, email team@hubpages.com and ask them to delete it. I did the same thing a few weeks ago. You can release earnings, but not stats like CTR.

1. Cordale profile image75
          Cordaleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you cant edit orginal posts /:

2. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 6 years ago

I thought it was against Google's TOS to disclose CTR.  Be careful.  Am I wrong?  hmm

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Like Wordscribe43 said, you are not supposed to disclose your AdSense CTR. You might want to delete that out of your post.

I see a lot of links on your hubs from places like Digg and Reddit. Are those the sources of your traffic? If they are, I can tell you that the traffic from those kinds of sites generally don't bring in much AdSense revenue.

1. Bill Manning profile image73
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yup, social sites and bookmark sites get you lots of traffic but very little sales or clicks. smile

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

opps sad

4. Cordale profile image75
    Cordaleposted 6 years ago

Can a forum admin delete the main post please?

All of my traffic is Google traffic. I get like 2% traffic outside of google and hubpages ( which is google traffic going in and out of my hubs)

working