Sales versus hobby pages

1. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

So far I have written mainly hobby pages on mythological and unusual animals.  I tried one sales page on acne treatments.  Interestingly this page comes dead last on all metrics.  Too much competition perhaps?  While several of my animal pages are getting good ad clicks.

It made me wonder who, in general, people see their deliberate 'sales' pages versus hobby pages performing?  For me it seems that niche pages will little competition get both more traffic and more clicks, not matter how 'non-commercial' the topic may seem.

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

It is possible to get good traffic to both, just as it is possible to fail miserably at both.

I just took at look at my lowest traffic hubs, I had some with 0 page views, some with 1, 2, 3, 4 page views in the past THIRTY DAYS!!

I spent a lot of time on some of that stuff! I have just been through it and added a word to titles, e.g. adding 'Best' or 'How To' or a whole new phrase. I will see if that changes anything.

3. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Your post makes me feel better, Ryan.  I get concerned when I see a few hubs with 0 visits in a week - I don't have any with 0 (or even only 1) in a month! 

Of course, I also don't have 500 hubs!  (that might make a little difference lol )