jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Copy Pasting a Word Document into a Text Capsule

1. wolfedp profile image61
    wolfedpposted 8 years ago

I am new to hubpages and would greatly appreciate some advice. I have a lot of papers written for various classes that I would like to turn into hubs but I can't figure out how to simply copy past things from a word document to a text capsule. When I do, it makes each paragraph one line so there are basically just 4 lines that are each like 150 words long. What is the simplest way to get a word document into a text capsule without screwing up the format like that?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mark Bennett profile image61
    Mark Bennettposted 8 years ago

Three options -

1. Save it as a .txt file to get rid of Word formatting, and paste it in the capsule as unformatted text.

2. Use "control V", which pops up another window (or at least it does in Firefox after you give it permission to do so for HubPages), and when you paste into that window, it strips out all the Word fomatting that confuses the text capsule. After you hit the "insert" button, it looks just fine.

3. When you do have messy formatting in a capsule, go into edit mode, select everything, and choose "Paragraph" from the drop-down formatting box.

I have solved every such problem I have had by doing one of those three things.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

2.b. RIght click with the mouse on the editable capsule and select Paste. The pop-up box won't pop up and if you have formatting such as bold, italics and even hyperlinks they will remain intact.

3. wolfedp profile image61
    wolfedpposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the help!