jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Please check out my hub with a very personal story.

1. brakel2 profile image89
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

I have never written anything really personal, so I would appreciate a critique of my hub. Someone said to try not putting pictures on a hub, as Google likes it better. I know that Hubpages wants pictures, so see what you think about it without any pictures. Thanks.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've never heard the thing that Google doesn't like pictures.  Do you mean personal pictures, or any pictures?   

Anyway, I read your Hub and rated it up.  The only comment I'd make on it is that it wasn't entirely clear to me whether your husband was on the medication in question before he was ever diagnosed with bladder cancer at all, or after.  (Maybe I just didn't read it slowly enough.  Don't mind me if that's the case.)  I know you gave dates, but I was kind of left wondering if the drug was prescribed (without any information on the drug fact sheet) when your husband thought he had no reason to be concerned about bladder cancer; or if it was prescribed after his first "bout" with it but before the second.  (Again, don't mind me  if I read too quickly - but I did go back to try to figure out what I wasn't sure about.)

Whether or not it's my reading that left me with those almost minor questions, your Hub looks good to me (for what that's worth).  It gets your messages out.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only think I've heard about Google not liking pictures is that they detract the eye away from the adverts on the page.

I do like pictures in a hub. I think pictures break the text up and make it easier to read.

Solution there seems to be to place the pictures lower down in the hub - well away from the big google ads at the top of the page.

1. brakel2 profile image89
          brakel2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I do have pictures on my other hubs.

2. brakel2 profile image89
        brakel2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lisa - Thank you. You are right about the time frame not being clear. I have fixed it in my hub. He waa on the drug for four years and then the cancer was discovered.

2. vikassingal2002 profile image60
    vikassingal2002posted 6 years ago

This is a good shot.....thats what i can say !!