jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

RSS feed

1. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I want to redo my twitter rss feed with a tracker. Is it possible? I can't seem to see where I can insert the tracker.

2. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

huh?

If you want to redo your HUB RSS Feed to have a tracker and use in twitter then find thisisolis article on yahoo pipes.

placing a tracker in a  twitter rss feed is a new one for me, and I would be interested in learning more

1. shazwellyn profile image82
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ive been waiting for the day when there is something you dont know!  Brilliant... that day has come!!! lol

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

many such things exist - but, this isnt one of them

1. shazwellyn profile image82
          shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey... another great thing... all anyone has to do is call Sunforged and you will come!  What a great thing these Google alert things are!  I had no idea...

*sings sunforged sunforged sunforged! *  Is that three alerts or four? I will have to investigate further. big_smile

3. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Yep, Yahoo pipes can help you insert a tracker in to any rss feed smile

4. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I thought she meant a Hubpages feed including a tracker being automatically posted to her twitter.

5. cornwall_UK profile image84
    cornwall_UKposted 6 years ago

I tried this and when I run the pipe, I removed the ?rss from the end of the rss url and for the tracker box put the preceding _ in it.  Which generated an rss results feed I could see, but didn't produce a "get an rss" feed from the pipes link.

So, fiddling about with it, it's not 100% right, or I'm not .... so I need to fiddle more.

Who wrote this? Anybody owning up?

s'OK... got it sussed now.  All A-OK.

I:
    Removed the _ in the pipes regex box
    Left the ? but removed the rss at the end for the rss feed url
    Inserted the _ preceder for the tracker

Seems to work.

1. thisisoli profile image57
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Glad you got it sorted, I'm the author of the article!

6. Whitney05 profile image63

I have twitterfeed set up so that when I publish a new hub, it gets posted on twitter automatically.

I'd like to use an RSS feed that has a tracker in it, similar to how we add trackers to links when posting them elsewhere.

I can't figure out if we are able to add a referral tracker to the RSS feed.

If we can, how?

I would insert the tracker, and then insert the new RSS feed with the inserted tracker into twitterfeed, so that all hubs that the feed posted on my twitter account, would then have the tracker in it.

7. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

try checking the previous answers

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:dIwHYxrcaaUBlM:http://www.sinisterclub.com/images/smilies/SmileyFacepalm.png&t=1

8. Whitney05 profile image63

I went to yahoo pipe. It didn't work.
    Told me no rss feed found

Edit: I think I've got it now, but I can't get my other feeds to pull up in order to delete the one without the tracker. How can I figure out where I submitted them, like what feed burner type deal? I swore I used twitterfeed.

Also, how do I know if the tracker is really there or not?

working