Think you got this down?

1. caninecrtitics profile image63
    caninecrtiticsposted 6 years ago

Well I have the linking down and where to build the links.  I have a keyword helper but I'm just confused on this niche blo stuff I thought I got it but apparently not.  So I pick a blog niche keyword and put it in my title, meta tags, url and so on.  Here's the fun part I try to write about something say dog toys but i narrow it to say tough dog toys.  I don't rank at all for that but for a one time article that I wrote to everyone about a dog product ranks like crazy and gets views. 

Should I just run with it and try to continue with the one i accidentally got ranked for.  I just need some answers on here please i tried reading hubs and alot of them beat around the bush.  I just need to know about keywords and how to make sure Google indexes that keyword not another one.

Would it help to bold my keyword in my blog.

Please Help

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Google will rank you for all keywords eventually - but the more competition the longer and harder it will be to rank.

You don't 'choose' what google ranks you for. You can try and pick a certain keyword but you'll get ranked for low competition low traffic keywords first and over time will slowly rank better as your hub ages and you get more backlinks etc.