jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Low scoring hubs

1. dindin profile image60
    dindinposted 8 years ago

I was just wondering if it is a good idea to delete your low scoring hubs to keep your total score high

Any opinions?

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I would say not. Some of my low scorers become higher scorers seasonally. And I don't think they will drag your personal score down a great deal.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

I agree with Mark. Same things occur fo rme.

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Well, I guess it may depend on the number of low scoring hubs in relation to the total number of hubs...

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Definitely leave them. I've had hubs that I thought would never get traffic, and usually don't, all of a sudden sell high priced items from them. I've always thought it best to leave even low traffic, low scoring hubs, but now I definitely leave them be. You never know who may find them, and what they may buy.

6. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I would say no.

But I had a hub that was 4 days off being here for a whole year and it had a total of 22 visitors for it's entire hub life.

And that was mostly from fellow hubbers. And no doubt a few of them was me!

I did get a couple via Google. But when I searched for my hub it went to a tags page. And I the hub wasn't even currently on that tags page!

All in all, it wasn't doing well at all.

So I took the content, deleted the hub, rejigged it a little, and I've posted it elsewhere.

This wasn't the first time I had done it. I've done it before and the results have been excellent.

If it's a hub that you're proud of, stick with it. Just leave it. But if you have this gut feeling that it will never perform, then consider publishing it somewhere else.

That's not to say that HubPages doesn't work. Indeed it does! As they say, don't have all your eggs in one basket, but in addition to that, consider which basket you're putting your eggs in. Some have a better fit or work better for a variety of reasons.

Sometimes you can have a hub that has grown and it's a good idea to split it into easier to digest bite sized hubs. Especially if it has gone from a broad overview to focusing on details in specific areas of the topic. The opposite can be true too. I had two hubs with complementary information and I merged the content to make one hub.

Alternatively you could always write a similarly themed article and publish it somewhere else and then link to your hub. That'll give you two bites: one at getting a quality backlink for search engines and the other is the chance of getting fresh traffic from a different community.

I think that poorly performing hubs give you a chance to experiment and see if you can improve on it's performance and a chance to learn a new trick or two.

7. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

Just forget them as you have deleted them,dont even bother to delete them.