jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Google's past searches help driving me crazy!

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Google often shows you a site you visit often higher in the rankings just for you for key words. It's part of their overall system of personalizing searches for everyone.

The problem with that is you can't see what your real ranking is for keywords that most people would see.

I just searched for "mens leather bomber jacket" because of an article I made in my leather site. It shows that article as #1 and 2!!

But I know that is not right and it's around the 3 or 4th page. If it was I'd be swamped with hits right now.

Is there any good way around this to see what your generic ranking is for key words? This is driving me crazy. hmm

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago
  3. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 6 years ago

It's sounding like you need the services of Scroogle.org.

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

There are two things that might help:

1. This site scans eight major search engines for your site or page for any keyword you select:

2. Do you have google chrome? Click the spanner and click 'go incognito'. This doesn't save any history OR cookies, so you can search with no background history.

5. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone. I thought scroogle was gone; nice to see it's still around. Checking from that I seem to be at #24, not too bad.

I'll check out those other places too, thanks! smile

1. VictorG profile image60
      VictorGposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too. I remember reading about how some changes to Google made it so Scroogle stopped working, so it is neat to see them around.

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

use http://www.scroogle.org.

It caches googles search rankings without cookies so you can seatch without your history affecting results.