jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Just a funny quote

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

Hi, all! I am subscribed to several business newsletters and sometimes they have funny quotes in them. This is from a newsletter from "Big Al" Schreiter and I thought it was funny considering the gas prices today!

A recent study conducted by Harvard University found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study by the American Medical Association found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

This means Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Sounds like we may get better mileage from alcohol. Somebody pass the the bottle this way! LMBO

1. Gawn Fishin' profile image60
      Gawn Fishin'posted 8 years ago in reply to this

My old car got 10 miles out of a bottle of tequila.  Enough to get me to a gas station!  LMBO

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image82
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Important info like that needs sharing. Thank you for doing your part Bonnie.

2. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

LOL they'll invent a new car named Margaritaville now!

Bonnie

1. Gawn Fishin' profile image60
      Gawn Fishin'posted 8 years ago in reply to this

They put that alcohol additive into our gasoline now.  But that old Ford would run on anything.

I should do a hub about him, he only broke down where it was convenient.

3. 0
    RUTHIE17posted 8 years ago

So what we should really do is take turns riding on the back of each other---or-or---

get those rick-shaw things to use!  Might be a whole new industry waiting for out there for

someone!

working