jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

So I just went to the post office..

1. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I just went down to the post office and, as usual, called my wife to tell her the checks that came in today.  She likes to know them right away so she can have the deposit all made up and ready to go when I get back.

So I called and before I even got a word out she asked "Did you remember your phone?"

I do forget to bring my phone sometimes and there is no pay phone, so it's annoying for both of us.

Thinking she was joking,  I responded in kind: "Oh, sheesh, I HATE when I don't have my phone because now there's no way to tell you we got check number 39325 from XYZ for $718.93 paying our invoice 6819".

"Don't talk so fast.  Repeat the amount?", she said back.  I repeated the amount and then she said.

"You really have to be more careful about your phone.  I meant to remind you to take it, but I was busy and you just rushed out.  This is important, you need to STOP and ask yourself if you have everything you need!"

I realized now that she was perfectly serious.  I tried to stretch it out.

"Yes.  If only I had brought my phone.  If I had, we could be talking right now."

Long, long pause at the other end and then laughter smile

1. anime_nanet profile image60
      anime_nanetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bla bla bla, laughter!

2. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Haha brilliant, on a side note, people watching at the post office in austin might be one of my all time favorite passtimes!

3. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

Pcunix--This sounds like the conversation between a couple who have been married a long time, lol...loved it! smile

Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, not long at all.  July of 1967.   We're still not sure that it will work out.

4. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

That is a priceless story and I hope that you write it down (other than here in the HP forums) for posterity.
    That's the kind of classic story that should be told to grandchildren. Or at least submitted to... IDK, Reader's Digest?

Actually, she and I are even.

I was at a customer site once, very busy and while walking from here to there I was on the phone with her.  Suddenly I stopped, patted my pockets and said "Honey, I have to call you back - I've lost my cell phone!"

And then I hung up.

It took me a few seconds to realize what I had just done.  I called her back and she was still laughing as she answered the phone.

5. Diane Inside profile image87
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

That's funny, a few weeks ago my husband was talking on his cell to one of his buddies, while he was getting ready for work, then started searching around the house.  I asked him what he was searching for and he said "My cell phone." 

I said "Well you can stop looking I know where it is."

Then he looked at me like he was agitated, because I hid it from him. Then I pointed at his ear. He slapped his head like I should've had a V8.

6. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Priceless. Simply priceless.

Reminds me of the time my 18-year old daughter asked me (with a very serious expression, I might add) what state the Kentucky Derby was held in.

Oh, and I hope your marriage works out. Only time will tell! smile

1. Diane Inside profile image87
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Irohner, it will.

as for your daughter, I guess we've all had some  ....duh.... moments. smile

2. Pcunix profile image89

I know. We thought we'd give it another thirty or forty years and see how we feel then.

7. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

8. mrfluffy profile image71
    mrfluffyposted 6 years ago

In the days when we only had landlines, a friend of mine rang me to ask what my telephone number was, she hung up when she realised what she said, and I had an asthma attack from laughing too much!

9. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

lol enjoyed the conversation!!!

10. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

This has been a fun read. smile I have entirely dull visits to the post office so nothing to report here. smile

11. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

..yes it is a good thread..thank you all for the chuckles...