jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Adsense Allowed Sites

1. Sunny Robinson profile image84
    Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago

I was just noticing the sites on my allowed sites list.  I have always chose the option of picking the sites I want to allow for my ads.  However, I'm wondering about the benefit of allowing *any* sites.

What do you guys do and why did you pick what you did?  Is it really that important?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Basically, it works the opposite way. Allowed sites is about excluding sites you really don't want. The value of ads can go down with too many restrictions, so you will probably want to allow all sites as the main rule.

Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Alright, awesome, thanks.  It just seemed safer to do allowed sites because then other advertisers won't gip off on you.  I wasn't sure.

3. thisisoli profile image59
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I think you mean allowed sites as in the domains adsense is allowed to run on with your Adsense ID.

This is a very safe way to go, and in no way affects your earnings. It simply means that no one can put your adsense ID on a site which is against Google Adsense ToS in an attempt to get you banned.

Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes... the actual "Allowed Sites" tab on the Adsense thingie.  I have always been allowing only on hubpages and shetoldme.  I kept thinking it was safer to do that as I have been doing, I just didn't know quite how having otherwise would be unsafe.   It hadn't occurred to me that allowing any sites could get you banned.

1. thisisoli profile image59
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's very unlikely, and to be honest you would have to have someone VERY vindictive trying to take you down.

Chances are you would not be banned, or you would get reinstaetd, if anyone tried this. If you only work in a small group of websites however it is easy to set up, and why take the risk?

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I was talking about the competitive ad filter.

5. kazemaru2 profile image60
    kazemaru2posted 6 years ago

adsense allows most sites except Wordpress due to a change in plugin.

6. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Allowed site is the best way to protect the adsense account.

working