jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

How sociable are you?

1. elayne001 profile image48
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

Imagine you are walking into a room with 1000 people and it is a conference where most of the people don't know each other.

Would you?

1.  Sit by yourself and hope someone talks to you.

2.  Try to talk to one person

3.  Try to edge into the group

4.  Talk to about 30-40 different people in 30 minutes.

1. xixi12 profile image84
      xixi12posted 6 years ago in reply to this

option 1 and 2 depending on the group. But I would rather talk to at least one person and If the group is friendly, I will socialize right away

2. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

I'm more of an introvert, so I'd be more comfortable if I knew at least once person, and have them introduce me to other people first.

3. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

no 1. but somehow if someone hits me it will difficult to stop me lol. no 4. wont be enough then.

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Not quite number 4, but maybe talk to a dozen people in that time frame.

Though that might depend upon how interesting some of them turned out to be - it could end up being just one.

5. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

haha #2 or 4 - nice question!

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I have to say "2", but I wish there was another option - talking to one person or two or a few people (two to six).  I usually start conversations, usually find myself with one or two people, maybe a group of six.  Beyond that, I don't do groups.   lol

7. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I am shy in person.

I used to attend international conferences and present research papers. I will just sit at the back of the tables and when they call my name to speak in front of everybody, the people in the table where I am located will be shocked that I am the one who is going to present a paper. In front of everybody in the podium and with microphone, I am confident about what I am talking about.

It is different thing when I get down the podium and get surrounded by people. I don't know what to say.

8. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Number 1 or 2 ...I'm not one of those insecure people who wait for someone else to talk and then shun them to make myself look good

9. fiksy02 profile image60
    fiksy02posted 6 years ago

a little of no 1 and 2. I do really like to talk to people but I'm not one of those people that go all out to make the first approach.