Site Update - My Photos, Title Tuner, etc.

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 119 discussions (201 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Not sure how good of an idea it will be to add the feature of letting people upload pictures to the 'Answer' section. I can see some issues there, especially when the question is like, 'who's hotter?" "show me indian girls" etc.. I've seen both of those types of questions up there and remain up there.

2. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Useful improvements to Hubpages,Paul! Thanks so much!

3. Jerilee Wei profile image68
    Jerilee Weiposted 13 years ago

Maybe it's me, but I'm having difficulty with uploading photos -- as in I can't.  However, overall I love the concept of the changes.

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please report this with details about what browser you are using and at what point the upload process fails in the Report a Problem forum. In particular, it's useful to know whether you are seeing a bright green upload button, or a message about downloading Adobe Flash.

2. Peggy W profile image94
      Peggy Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't upload mine either!!!  Trying to finish a hub before the contest ends.  Very frustrating!!!

1. Cari Jean profile image89
        Cari Jeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm having issues as well with trying to do a hub. I try to add a photo and it takes forever to load then when I pull the hub up again the photo has disappeared. Really wanted to get this hub done today...

As I said before, it is really helpful to know what browser you are using. Also, the more details you can give about what exactly you did and what went wrong, the more likely I will be able to help you. For example, when you added a photo, did you use the Upload, Import, or My Photos tab? If you uploaded the photo, did it appear in small thumbnail form in the capsule? After you saved the capsule, did it appear in larger form in your Hub?

If you need to meet a contest deadline, then I'd be happy to upload your photos for you. Just click on the "Contact Fawntia" link on my profile, and I'll do what I can to help.

1. Peggy W profile image94

Same problems and I went ahead and published the hub for the contest which ended today without all the photos that I had wished to enter.

OK...we use Internet Explorer.  I used the green tab to upload which led me to My Documents...then clicked on my name...then clicked on My Pictures to get to the ones I wished to upload.

Uploaded them...they appeared full size...saved them and then when I went to the top of the hub to finish editing it froze with the "saving" word flashing forever...but it never does.  When I finally have to just leave hubpages...it always makes me sign in again as if I have never been there previously with my name, password, click the "remember me"...and this is the cycle which repeats over and over again.

I STILL have not been able to load the final pictures that I had wanted to enter in my Death Valley National Park hub for this contest.

4. ross670daw profile image60
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised to see these new updates when I logged in and immediately tried them out. The title tuner is a great idea and worked perfectly. I haven't played with the My photo addition yet, but I like the fact it's there. Great work Hubpages, thanks for all the help. cool

5. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

These new tools are awesome, particularly the title tuner.

Experimented with 3 of my 'doing not too badly' hubs. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it turns out beneficial in terms of traffic.

Haven't tried the photo one yet, but i'm sure its equally great.

Thanks HP team for trying to make hubbing easier and easier.

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I was creating a new hub and discovered what HP has perpetrated (smile) with their new, enhanced photo capsule.

Loved it! smile

1. adrienne2 profile image66
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just tried the enhanced photo capsule, that is WAY cool, thanks HP! It really saves us time when inserting photos in hubs.

7. SubmissionWork profile image41
    SubmissionWorkposted 13 years ago

Its always nice to have new and fruitful applications.

Photos were missing here and now we got this one as well.

8. hassam profile image75
    hassamposted 13 years ago

Wow! Luv updates smile I'm gonna try them out. The Hub titles option looks pretty useful.

9. lex123 profile image80
    lex123posted 13 years ago

Great features. Very useful. I already started using the Title Tuners. Thanks hubpages.

10. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

I used the title tuner already. Love how easy it is to figure out. Hopefully it will increase my rank in Google. Thanks for the great updates. I'm going to go play with the picture thing now.

11. ParadiseForever profile image59
    ParadiseForeverposted 13 years ago

Great update HP Team! Surprisingly noticed few hours back and started trying 'Title Tuner'. It works great for me. Yet to try the 'Photo' option. Will try it shorly.  Always HP updates are very useful. Keep it up HP! smile

12. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

I like the title app! BUT...(not complaining,just woolgathering)....it is only showing my best hubs. I think where I really need it is my lower traffic hubs.

13. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

Photo upload to hubs not working.

Google Chrome. 

Upload - Choose Photo - Progress bar suggests it is working - Shows a green tick - Photo is nowhere to be seen (either as a thumbnail within upload capsule or within hub).

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Working now. smile

14. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Two thumbs up, Paul, for the new features. I can hardly wait to check them out.  I'm constantly reminding myself, via work like yours and the rest of the hubpages team, how happy I am to be a part of this community-and what a smart choice I made.  Thanks.  smile

15. tonymac04 profile image71
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

I have used both new features (the photo uploader and the title suggestions) and they have worked beautifully! I am using Firefox as my browser.
    My laptop is starting to show its age but these new features have still worked well for me and I'm really grateful for the.
    As one who uses quite a lot of pix on my Hubs I'm sure the photo feature will help me a lot.
    Thanks Hub Team - your efforts are much appreciated!

16. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

BUGS

Browser - Chrome 3, Firefox 3.6.10

1. Image uploader is horribly slow and failed many times for me.
    (Attribution feature with source is cool feature though thanks for that).

2. RSS capsule is bugging me and not letting me enter yahoo news rss address.

sad

Thank you for letting me know which browsers you are using. Your version of Chrome is a little bit old, but I'm not sure if that's part of the problem.

1. Are you uploading photos in a Hub, or within My Photos? How does it "fail"? Is there an error message? What does it say? You might try shrinking down the photo with photo editing software if the original photo is very large.

2. I'm able to reproduce this, so I'll look into what the problem is with the Yahoo feed sometime today.

1. skyfire profile image81
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Using Chrome 5.0 (Portableapps.com build) to test again. + Firefox 3.6.10

1. I'm uploading photos to hub. And download progress in chrome is shown at the bottom but it stops at random percentage with no image appearing in image capsule.

2. I'll check RSS feed again to see if it's fixed on these browsers.  smile

P:S - Still getting those javascript errors with FireFox while editing hub. It says "Something went wrong.  Please hit refesh and try reloading this page." (It was always the problem in firefox that's why i switched to chrome).

17. Sweetsusieg profile image76
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

I did a Hub yesterday the photo uploader worked just fine, no issues.  I saved this piece specifically for my 100th Hub, it's more of a photo Hub than anything (a few words here and there) and now I can't upload ANY photos... nada, not one, zip, zilch..  I did upload them to my computer via my card, not sure what to do.

It just keeps saying 'error'.  I use Flock browser, but like I said worked fine yesterday.

I do like the title tuner, that is great.  Helped me make a couple of changes to titles, I hope it helps with traffic.

Other than that, keep up the good work!  You guys/gals do a terrific job!

Try holding down shift while refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, is it possible for you to take a screen shot of the error you are getting?

1. Sweetsusieg profile image76
        Sweetsusiegposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, will do.  Ok so I cannot do this even on here.  I saved it in paint as usual, it created a bmp. file, that didn't work.  I then saved it as JPG tjen when that wouldn't work, I saved it as PNG then tried once again as GIF.. It (on here is saying there is an error)

error.bmp is the wrong file type. You can only upload a jpg, png, or gif file. (this is JPG file)
        An error occurred while uploading the file error.JPG
        An error occurred while uploading the file error.PNG
        An error occurred while uploading the file error.GIF

Ok,. so those are the types of error messages that I get when trying to upload the pics on Hubs.

18. Cari Jean profile image89
    Cari Jeanposted 13 years ago

I'm using Windows Internet Explorer. I try to upload a photo - I can write a caption then push save. It shows the photo on my hub but then the "loading" message comes up and just stalls. Signing out is the only way I can get out of the Hub then when I go back in, my photo is no longer there.

Try holding down shift while refreshing the page. If that doesn't fix the problem, please find out for me which version of Internet Explorer you are using (6? 7? 8?).  You can find out by going here.

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 and am having the same exact problems as Cari Jean.

19. paradigmsearch profile image60

Just an observation…

Since this latest upgrade, at the bottom of each forum page:
    Some people see the numbers in circles.
    Some people see the numbers in squares.
    Some people see the numbers alone.

Conclusions/speculations anyone?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe I figured it out.

IE gets you the square.
      Chrome and Firefox gives you the circles.
      Alone was probably pre-update.

Well, I guess I’ve done enough “constructive” activity for the day… smile

btw, HP did new forum formatting stuff, too. smile

20. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Another great new feature incorporated by Hubpages. This should make hubbing all the more exciting. I really love the Title tuner feature.

21. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

oooo, these improvements are BRILLIANT!!  I've already tried the Title Tuner -- it's easy to use and provides great suggestions.  Is it possible to tune titles with less hits?

The photo uploader looks good too.  I'll be checking this out.

Thanks HP Team!!!  smile

22. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Cool!

http://hubpages.com/u/1873126_f248.jpg

23. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

Love the title tuner...I've been meaning to go through all my hubs and guess what - I just did in about 20 minutes as opposed to what probably would've taken me an hour! I expect a significant increase in traffic on some of my older hubs that were written before I understood keyword selection.

24. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Welcome updates, especially the the title tuner is awesome.

25. eculligan profile image67
    eculliganposted 13 years ago

Thankyou for always making improvements to Hubpages.  I started about a month and a half ago and really enjoy it.

26. Jerrico Usher profile image56
    Jerrico Usherposted 13 years ago

Loving the upgrades, my hubs are really starting to take off, one hub is making 100.00 a month (close to) by itself. How about adding the capability to put a video capsule in our profile smile so people can introduce themselves in the best way people like to learn about people -video! it will also make the time on page time longer smile which helps traffic!

Jerrico

27. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

So far so good.Great idea.I respect the fact that you are always improving on Hubpages,...that is a "BIG CHECK MARK IN IT SELF.

28. leni sands profile image67
    leni sandsposted 13 years ago

I love the new options.  I am very impressed with the speed that the photos uplaod. I, too, use firefox.

29. leni sands profile image67
    leni sandsposted 13 years ago

Just wondering, if the title tuner didn't find any hub to tune does that mean my hub titles are ok or that I don't have enough traffic to them?

30. jdomingo profile image60
    jdomingoposted 13 years ago

I've only been here a few weeks and I already love it!  and now they're making it better ALRIGHT!!!!

31. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

I LOVE the title tuner, but I have some issues with the photos...

Why don't all of my albums show when I click on the "choose an album" link?  I know that I can type in the first letter and it'll find it, but I want to create several custom names albums and I may not remember all of the names.  There should be a way that I can see a full list of all my albums without having to search the whole alphabet.

Am I missing something?

It would also be nice if I could select a batch of photos to move to a new album...

32. Lesley D profile image60
    Lesley Dposted 13 years ago

Ditto to everything Peggy W wrote...too bad about the photos and contest.  I couldn't get my entry in either.

33. hublim profile image68
    hublimposted 13 years ago

Title tuner works well and I like the ideas behind it.

However the my photos sections shows one picture multiple times.

34. belief713 profile image61
    belief713posted 13 years ago

I haven't had a chance to mess with the titles yet, but I noticed the images thing last night when I was editing a Hub and I LOVE it!! I feel HubPages is the best web 2.0 platform for writing and I appreciate all that the staff and the community does to help is make it a better place. It's almost been three yrs since I got online and HubPages has been a major role player in me growing my income online so a HUGE thanks for all that you guys do!

35. HELLA profile image59
    HELLAposted 13 years ago

This is going to get lost in all of the comments, but I cannot even upload photos from my computer using IE. Unfortunately I am limited to IE at the computer I am on. Can you fix this? Thanks.

36. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

Having real trouble with the new photo capsule.  Can import pics from elsewhere on the web but not upload them from my computer.  When I try to do so, it appears to have worked but then when I click done editing on the hub, it logs me out of my account and does not complete the save and i lose everything since the last save.
    Am loving the title tuner though!

Same thing with me.  Still cannot load photos into my last hub.  Error on page shows up and I can't even get out of hubpages because the loading sign keeps going intermediably.  When I finally just click it off, I have to sign in again with name and password...it never seems to remember me even though it is always checked. 

I also love the title tuner!

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
        Glenn Raymondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These are really great ideas that are sure to be helpful to all of us.  I was just checking them out and I am impressed.  Thank You.

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF

Peggy and Alison -- In case you didn't get my emails, I think I have fixed the problem that you were having. Will you find out for me whether it seems to be fixed for you now? Thanks so much.

Hi Fawntia,

Just tried uploading some photos into my last Death Valley hub and same thing happened.  Appears OK until I try and get out of the hub edit mode.  I waited 3 minutes this time before I finally clicked out and then had to sign in again with name and password to get back into hubpages.  Sorry...still not working for me...but thanks for working on this!

37. anujagarwal profile image56
    anujagarwalposted 13 years ago

Title Tuner is really great. It lets you update the titles so quickly. WOW!

38. Doc Snow profile image88
    Doc Snowposted 13 years ago

I like the Title Tuner, but would like it even better if the functionality were extended to Hubs not receiving as much traffic.  I've got ideas to edit the titles, and would like to be able to use this tool to do so regardless of the help from search words.

In my imagination, you could select any of your Hubs to tune; you just might not get suggestions for all of them.  That would be fine by me!

39. Green Lotus profile image59
    Green Lotusposted 13 years ago

Awesome Title Tuner! What a shortcut to success. (can't wait to see those low score Hubs, move up in the google ranks.

I don't think I need the My Photo option since I have all well organized on my computer, but I'll give it a try later.

Question....OK am I being anal??....I often submit my titles to Stumble, Digg ect., does anyone (besides me) feel there is a need to re-submit the new titles?

40. paradigmsearch profile image60

Now this one is a challenge... smile

The Tuner wants me to add the word "in" to this title:

"How to Make Your Life Interesting ( Humor / Jokes / Truth )"

41. b. Malin profile image68
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

HELP!  I REALLY DID NOT CARE FOR THE NEW SET UP FOR PHOTOS.  FINALLY GOT IT ....BUT IT WON'T PUT THE PICTURE THAT I SELECTED ON MY FACE BOOK PAGE THAT GOES ALONG WITH MY LATEST PIECE, WHICH WAS, "TIMES IN MY LIFE"  PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHY NOT?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60

When all else fails, do it the old fashioned way. smile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is your FB page set to private?  If so, HubPages cannot access the page to fetch the photo.  Instead, save the photo to your computer and upload it directly.

42. Ladybird33 profile image64
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

These are great ideas and I love the changes/updates.  Thanks so much!

43. Sparhawke profile image61
    Sparhawkeposted 13 years ago

Okay, at first I was puzzled as to how this could help me and others with their hubs, now I am simply confused as to why time was wasted on this project.

I have a hub called "Unusual Phobias" and I have had the suggestion to add the word "bananas" in there???!

What the hell?

Is this just a project to destroy otherwise perfectly fine titles for some nefarious scheme to overthrow weekend writers and replace us with robot monkeys or something?

I can understand changing a title if it has absolutely nothing to do with what your subject matter is, but just randomly shoving words in there is to no ones advantage and can actually harm your search engine rankings.

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol...

The tool simply shows search terms that are already bringing traffic to your hubs that dont match the words in title.

That doesnt mean your existing title should "lose" words if they are already successfully bringing the right traffic.

Your hub has an rss feed that includes a link to "banana phobias" , your hub does not appear for the term "unusual phobias" (its on page 3 for me)

but it does appear for "unusual phobias bananas" - what do you consider a "perfectly fine title?' - as the one you picked may sound nice but its not placing you in a good position to be read.

Your smart not to react by putting unrelated terms in your title just because of the tool data, but it really is a great resource once you dig a little deeper into understanding what it tells you.

Im predicting we are going to see many many ridiculous titles in the near future - just as ridiculous linking occurred when the hubkarma tool was released.

looks like your smart enough not to be one of those people

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

How about:

"Unusual Phobias: Bananas! The Untold Story!" smile

1. RedElf profile image89
        RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

That's actually a pretty funny title, and one that might get a few more hits wink as long as bananas are mentioned so you don't get tagged for "misleading" your reading public big_smile

44. nikmaya62 profile image60
    nikmaya62posted 13 years ago

Both of the beta features are nice. Thanks hubpages.

45. jacobkuttyta profile image44
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the title turner

46. Aris Budianto profile image58
    Aris Budiantoposted 13 years ago

I have updated my hub title, I've learned a lot from this suggestion, very useful. Thanks for this.

47. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 13 years ago

I love the Title Tuner and the Photos album. This is going to be a great feature for us. Thank you!

48. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I like the title turner, not so happy with the photos album.

My one experience with the photos beta was just a few days ago, when I wanted to use the several of the same photos I had used before.  It simply took so long to go through all the dozens and dozens of photos I have uploaded that I finally gave up after the first one.  They are all on my computer, with simple file names, and the alphabetic sort enables me to find what I want in 1/10 the time.

I understand that I can name and sort my photos at HP, but why bother?  I would take hours and it is already done on my own computer.

After giving up trying to find what I wanted, it was smooth sailing, however.  I use FF and had no problems either using one from HP or from my own stock of photos.

49. JayDeck profile image60
    JayDeckposted 13 years ago

I used the photos app yesterday and it works great. Next i will try the title app. Keep em coming!
    -J

50. eculligan profile image67
    eculliganposted 13 years ago

Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)