jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)

What the hell? hub not found?

1. 0
    Listerinoposted 6 years ago

I am in the middle of writing a long hub and have been saving as I go. I just went to go back in and got this message:

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at http://hubpages.com/hubtool/edit/1695340.

*   Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

*   Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

So I asked my fiance to check it on his computer and it says it's either been unpublished or removed by moderators.... I don't understand what I might have done for it to be deleted without even a warning so I could fix it. I have been working on this hub ALL DAY and I was really proud of what I was writing and now it's gone??

For some reason when I click on it in my hub list I can view it but I can't click edit without this message coming up. Is there anything I can do? If I can't fix this I'm giving up with hubpages. This has really upset me.

1. lxxy profile image61
      lxxyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As darkside points out, this URL points to a hub being edited. It appears to be a temporary one, too. This may seem like a really stupid question, but did you accidentally log out or close your browser before attempting to re-edit?

Just wondering.

Good luck--I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

2. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 6 years ago

The URL you have supplied is a hub in edit mode, so I won't be able to see it.

And that link may not work with a full stop at the end.

What happens when you click on this: http://hubpages.com/hubtool/edit/1695340

1. 0
      Listerinoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

nothing just the same message. I can view it if I click on it but I can't get into edit mode.

2. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is the same URL?

3. jaymelee23 profile image66
    jaymelee23posted 6 years ago

I can't get any hubs to load either. The problem started about 10 minutes ago. It says page cannot be found for any hubs that I try to view.

1. 0

Damn and I just hit delete thinking I might as well forget about it... I'll see if I can salvage it

2. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yep - none of my hubs will load either

i take back my happiness at the site update !  not a good time for site to be down (never is)

wait til january for any more site edits!

4. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

no - there is a period (full stop) incorporated into the first URL in this thread

5. 0

Thanks for the help guys. I didn't exit out. Any time I had to leave the room I saved my progress by "done editing".
    But I guess it was too long or something. I've managed to salvage at least the text so I can repost if I choose to.. all that work for nothing. I'm so frustrated.

1. 0

Now it's telling me hubpages is down for maintenance.... gotta love the warnings they give you about these things...

6. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

Strange.

Are you guys on Windows? And you use what browser..?

7. jaymelee23 profile image66
    jaymelee23posted 6 years ago

This webpage is not found.

No webpage was found for the web address: http://hubpages.com/hub/Babys-First-Chr … -Christmas

More information on this error

That is what I am getting if I try and view published hubs... any hubs.. under the help section on the forum there is another topic. Someone said they think its a database issue.

1. jaymelee23 profile image66
      jaymelee23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

They rolled out some new beta features so maybe that's why there is issues. They'll get it sorted out soon (hopefully).

1. 0

Thanks for you help. Much appreciated. Once we're back up I'll be sure to check out your hubs as a thank you smile

2. 0

well now I guess I've gotta hope they fix it within 24 hours so I can reactivate the hub I just hit delete on. Just my luck. Ugh.

8. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

the URL's that wouldnt load for me - are working again already

9. Nell Rose profile image88
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Hi, I can't click on any of my hubs either, so it must be something they are doing, I thought it was me as I deleted something on my computer! lol Phew!

10. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 6 years ago

We think we've got this fixed now. Sorry, everybody!

11. 0

Thanks everyone it's up and running again! Woohoo!

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

cool    smile

working