jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Spelling - Faux and Simulant and Faux Pas

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

How is spell check updated?  Would it be possible to add to spell check these three words:
    faux and simulant, faux pas?

faux - not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; "it isn't fake anything; it's real synthetic fur"; "faux pearls"; "false teeth"; "decorated with imitation palm leaves"; "a purse of simulated alligator hide"

Due to its low cost and close visual likeness to diamond, cubic zirconia has remained the most gemologically and economically important diamond simulant

A faux pas is a violation of accepted social norms (for example, standard customs or etiquette rules). Faux pas vary widely from culture to culture

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

They haven't even added HubPages yet, have they?  Seems like that get's underlined.  You're probably gonna be waiting awhile.

3. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

Is there a spell-checker when we edit our Hubs? I'm in the process of writing a Hub now, and there doesn't seem to be a spell-checker. Am I misunderstanding something?

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I bet they are seeing it from their browser.

5. cheaptrick profile image76
    cheaptrickposted 6 years ago

Google tool bar has a spell checker that lets you add to it.

6. GmaGoldie profile image86

How do you add the Google toolbar to get the spell check?  Must I use the Google documents?

7. alternate poet profile image74
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

write the text body in word and then cut and paste.

8. GmaGoldie profile image86

Thank you!

9. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

If you know how to spell them why do you need spell check?