jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Referrals how do you know if you got credit for add clicks or not?

1. tamron profile image59
    tamronposted 6 years ago

I see when visitors visit the referral links but how do we know if we are getting ad-sense clicks?

Somewhere I read you have a 120 minutes I believe to claim a link whoever clicks your ref. link and a add with in the 120 min. you get credit for.   What Happens when the 120 min. are over?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Go to "my account" - your statistics page.

Click on URL trackers.

It will give you information on your trackers. Click on the tracker you want to know about. smile

1. tamron profile image59
      tamronposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only thing it says is sorry no signups it don't say anything about ad clicks.  I am confused.  Special about the 120 minute thing.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

The URL Trackers data on HP does not show any adsense info.

The only way I know to tell if adsense revenue has been generated via HP trackers/referrals would be through process of elimination.

If you have a hubpages.com channel

and specific channels for each of your 16 hubs

then if the total shown in the hubpages.com channel exceeds the sum of all your individual hubs channels, then you have earned from an ad that was not on those pages (i.e a referral or tracker hit...or alternately could have came from your profile page or other select places HP shares impressions with you)

Now, would I intentionally bother watching this? ..No, but that is the only way I have noticed that would give you this capability.

1. Andrew0208 profile image61
      Andrew0208posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I observed that when such extra adsense earnings outside my created channels for hubs, profile page or other monetized sites with adsense, it will relate such earnings as "averages."

I do see that sometimes and I guess they are associated with earnings generated from trackers/refferals shared impressions. I've also wondered how to put an exact track on Hubpages refferal earnings. Still learning.

2. tamron profile image59
      tamronposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you saying if I wanted to link to one of your hubs with my tracking link. I could create a channel just like I would if I made a hubpage channel in my Google account?

1. Susana S profile image91
        Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You could do, but with the channel limit it's not feasible to add them all as channels. 

I have created url channels for some of my referrals hubs and this will show any impressions and clicks but I can't track them all. I don't track the links I use to other people's hubs because there's simply too many.