jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Hubpages keeps logging me out and unpublishing my article!

1. 0
    Edward R. Meowposted 6 years ago

There is nothing offensive in my first article, yet each time I try to Save, I get signed out of the site and when I click Preview, the article is gone, although the title remains in my list of articles.

What could be wrong?

Surely Hubpages isn't censoring its members? yikes

It is as if...as if someone is sitting there at a monitor, watching...watching and censoring.

Which is kind of funny, considering it is taking them forever to take care of other stuff that should have been taken care of a llllllong time ago.

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you been banned on another user name or any other sort of kicked-out type of thing and are trying to make an end run around it with this new avatar/account?

And yes, HubPages does censor its users. The terms of service are pretty clear about what can be written or shown and what can't.  HP is a business, so they have perfect legal right to censor whatever they want.  Not saying that is what's happening to you, but am answering the question.

2. 0

No, Shadesbreath, I was not banned.

And there was absolutely nothing in my article that violates Hubpges' TOS.

"Censors its users"?

Of course they do. But, in the interest of fairness, they should apply their rules with precision and censor every single member, not just members they don't like.

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You've only been here for 13 hours, how can you possibly have decided they don't like you and are treating you differently based on that?

The sour grapes flavor of your remarks only reinforces the sense I got of your problem the first time.  You totally sound like a bitter ex-hubber.

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep, sounds like that smile

2. BDazzler profile image84
        BDazzlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, maybe they are just out to get paranoid people smile

3. 0
        Edward R. Meowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well DUH....... neutral

Isn't it obvious I have been here before? Sheesh, do I have to spell it out for you guys?

Haha that is soooo funny big_smile

Not at all. Bitter and "sour grapes" imply that Hubpages barred the gates and I am on the sidelines, all forlorn. Which is not the case at all. I have stuff to say, that's all. What are they so afraid of, hmm?

I used to be Hubpages' staunchest cheerleader, but that quickly dissolved after I was treated like trash by them, while other people get to do the same and they do nothing.

P.S. Shut up, Misha.

P.P.S. Hi Shaz.

P.P.P.S. Maddie, as soon as you guys do what youre supposed to do (re: my emails), things will go a lot smoother around here, capiche? You guys should follow through on stuff. That is the hallmark of professionalism.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

What you are describing does not match up well with what happens in case an article cannot be published. In that case, there should be a warning displayed on the hub, and then you can contact the moderators after having revised it.

This could well be a temporary technical glitch. You may want to try a different browser (Firefox, Google Chrome). You could certainly try to contact HubPages.

4. 0

Ah, yes. Contact Hubpages.

Contact Hubpages and run smack into the Wall of Silence.

Good one, WE! big_smile

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome! I am glad you found it amusing.

1. bayoulady profile image80
        bayouladyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me thinks he protesteth too much to be a new hubber. 'Twould seem that yon Edward be a bit bitter,eh?

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I'm not sure what gives you that idea, since you've never tried to email us before... at least not from this account.

The hub in question has not been unpublished, because it was never published.  As far as that goes, I don't see any problem with your hub, other than the fact that it should be in the Fiction category, not the Emotions category, but that wouldn't stop it from being published, it would only mean that we would probably moderate once it was.  To be clear, let me restate: You have not in any way been blocked from publishing.

Thus, I'd conclude that it sounds like a browser issue.  Please do email us through the contact form and we'll get back to you.

5. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Maybe his is a sockpuppet?  Maybe hubpages has the ip address logged?  Maybe it is a CONSPIRACY????? lol

oh... ps... welcome to hubpages! hehehe

6. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

This Mr. Meow looks pretty much like the proverbial cat in the bag thing to me. No offence.