jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (32 posts)

Has AdSense Gone Slow For You?

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Yesterday and today is really slow for me in respect of AdSense revenue.

My impressions are still there, but CTR and eCPM have fallen significantly.

I have been told that it is common for the value of certain topics to fall towards the end of the month as major advertisers usually set aside monthly marketing budgets.

In other words, revenues can fall off at the end of a month and then pick up again at the start of the month.

Im not talking massive falls in revenue, so defo not smartpriced, but about 25%-30% for the past two days. That said, record number of Amazon page views yesterday, so maybe people were in a shopping mood to coincide with end of month paydays?

How have your past couple of days been?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just fine.  I tend to gauge things in terms of performance across weeks or months, not days.  Earnings wind up looking much more steady taken at that scale.

My overall earnings just surpassed 2009's total, and that's still with the 4th quarter to go.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In that case many congrats smile

This has actually been a very successful month for me, first one over $1000 on AdSense.

I am on $1404 for the month in total, including Amazon.com. I was hoping to pip $1500, hence the suspense and frequent checking.

The likelyhood now is slim, but two days ago it looked as if I would manage it smile

1. viryabo profile image86
          viryaboposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ryan! WOW!!!

1. 0

My intention is to double that, $3000. That is my target.

1. viryabo profile image86
              viryaboposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats awesome Ryan. I'll say TRIPLE WOW!!!.

You are really worthy of emulation as i've always known. smile

1. 0

I prefer it when people do not emulate me, and neither will they become successful if they attempt it. The way to make money is to be as original as possible with your ideas. I have had enough of 'emulation'.

1. IzzyM profile image86
                  IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aw come on...she meant she wants to be like you, not that she wants to copy your hubs!

1. 0

My bad sad

Apologies viryabo, touchy subject wink

2. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Revenue wise my months start was amazing until around the 15th things gradually started dropping slightly, was getting between £5-10 a day now between £3-6. Impressions are the same so I wonder....

3. Winterfate profile image99
    Winterfateposted 6 years ago

I earn between 0.06 and $1 a day or so. The fact it fluctuates is maddening. :'(

4. girly_girl09 profile image77
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

I have discovered that it's very hard to track patterns with my particular hubs...but I would say that earnings have been average for me. For example, they are a little bit above or around the average that I get when I divide my month earnings by 29 days. I guess that is an acceptable method to base my average earnings on.

Every once in a while I get smart priced, but it goes away after a few days. This seems to happen randomly!

5. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I have heard that end of month theory many times, but have never noticed it myself. This week is running a little lower than last, but the last week of August was sharply up and July was dead flat.

After 7 years of this, all I can say with certainty is that sometimes it's up and sometimes it's down.

That's real helpful, I'm sure smile

6. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 6 years ago

Hmm...while initially I wasn't making much, my earnings are exponentially growing month-to-month, but I'll take a looksee and report back if I notice anything..

7. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Well mine grow month-to-month as well, I am just talking about the last couple of days. But then I guess that I was just hopeful of a nice little run in, I was close to breaking a target which I probably won't break now unless I get very lucky with Amazon when I check tomorrow.

Anyway, like pcunix said, ups and downs wink

8. Bill Manning profile image73
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I'm glad you brought this up ryankett! Yesterday and today has been low for me also.

The clicks are still there, but the amount per click is very low. Like 2 to 5 cents per click. Normally mine are 50 cents to 3 bucks! hmm

1. 0

It feels like I am missing a few big clicks a day too. You know what, I bet I am correct... a few pots have run dry for September. I wouldn't be suprised if businesses are awaiting the Xmas rush before launching an offensive, they all have budgets at the end of the day.

9. Sunny Robinson profile image85
    Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago

I was noticing similar things with my revenue.  I got a sharp increase on one hub, but that's about it.  Overall, page impression stays the same or gets a little more.  I still get pretty decent page impressions and some cents off of it, but what I earn from that has dropped a lot.

10. gracenotes profile image94
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

Yes, the end of the month has not been good on Adsense.  And I just beat my August earnings, but only by a penny.  But wait!  We still have tomorrow, Sept. 30.  Big whoop.

11. McConnell Group profile image61
    McConnell Groupposted 6 years ago

To be honest Sept. is on pace to be my best month yet, month over month I've had an 11% improvement

I would also think the coming season will bring people inside again and thus raise traffic and click.

12. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 6 years ago

Mine's been happening for about a week. 'Ups and downs' is what i want to believe too.

13. hoppingmad profile image61
    hoppingmadposted 6 years ago

not so good - i rely more on SEO than SEM

14. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

It's definitely slower now than the start of the month (had my best day of over $5 at the start, now getting $1-3/day.)

I'm checking all the time too, Ryan! I am $2.58 from payout and hope to make it this month....

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Never even got started in the first place.................... sad

1. WryLilt profile image85
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You'll get there! smile

1. sofs profile image86
          sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reassurance, needed it !!

15. khmohsin profile image60
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

I've seen many people are complaining about the adsense amounts...
    Well, the variation or the low adsense earning is usually due to low click rates.
    I have seen people who work on Business and Educational keywords and get high rates.
    Even 100$ a day is not a big deal for those who make some research on their content, keyword and website or blog.

Hope this will help you upto some extent. But I can bet, if a person is willing to earn and has intentions to do then... 1000$ to 5000$ is possible. No hard nuts are needed... just have to work out on your site/blog.

Regards,

khmohsin

1. WryLilt profile image85
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The OP is already earning in the hundreds a month - and is good at keyword research.

It also takes time and work.

16. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

By the way, my yesterday was a little higher than average for the month: $36.86 vs. $29.27 on average.

That's just Adsense. Chitika added another whopping $1.32, book sales were $14.95 and Affiliate sales were $14.64.

So that's a total of $67.77 for the next to the last day of the month - so if there is any truth to the end of the month being lower, I don't see it.

1. 0

My day recovered and ended up above average.

1. Bill Manning profile image73
        Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm still seeing low clicks, not sure why. But this month will be my best ever for adsense, so I can't complain. smile

2. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And today is also off to a strong start, over $17 at noon, and that is just Adsense.

I think September will finish strongly.

working