jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Hub comment spam

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Some people will post things advertising links to a website in a comment.  I don't get this a lot, but its occurring more lately. Its usually a relevant comment, buts its spam and I delete them. Does this happen to you guys sometimes?

1. warchild75 profile image49
      warchild75posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes happens every now and again,just report it and delete,i also get the odd comment from someone who points out that i have made a simple mistake in one of my hubs,with them i just ask where their hubs are as generally they are just browsing.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Occasionally but not often.

If it's a non hubber on one hub, you can edit the comments box and set it so only hubbers can comment.

3. CarpetDiem profile image78
    CarpetDiemposted 6 years ago

It happens rarely to me, but enough that I set my comments to moderate... I don't like spam being visible, even if it is only until I delete it.

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It happens to me all the time, and it irks me.  People think if they type up (or copy) a big, long, "relevant", comment their link is going to fly.  It doesn't, as far as I'm concerned.  That's because a lot of people are told that when they want to post their unsolicited link  places it might go over if they "post a relevant comment".   That little blue square with an arrow in it pretty much says, "I didn't have a shred of interest in this Hub.  I was only looking for a place to post my own links."  I know a lot of people just figure, "that's how it works among Internet writers", but it irks me anyway (which is maybe why I shouldn't be writing on the Internet, I guess...  hmm )