jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Could Kontera hurt my adsense earnings? (potentially)

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 6 years ago

I don't believe Kontera is nearly as good as adsense. I have gained some clicks from kontera, but they do not give much revenue. Do you think people clicking on my kontera ads could potentially be hurting my adsense earnings to some extent? e.i. They click on them instead of google ads.

I think kontera has potential, but not nearly as much as adsense....

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image80
      Evan Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As someone with well over 100,000 hits a month: yes, it absolutely hurts my earnings. My earnings nearly doubled on Adsense after taking Kontera away, because so many readers were apparently distracted from my Adsense ads by it.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
        Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Then I wonder if Kontera can do anyone at all any good.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

You'll find that many people think Kontera can hurt your adsense although a few people say that after a lot of testing it doesn't.

However the general consensus is that it takes about 100,000 in traffic a month for Kontera to be worthwhile.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Kontera wasn't worthwhile as far as I'm concerned, and I turned it off to find out if my Adsense earnings would improve, and they did. Pehaps it was coincidence. Whichever way, I don't believe it matters until you have the 100,000 in traffic.

I see you've reached 300 fans, WryLilt. Congratulations!

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. They just snuck up on me. smile

2. viryabo profile image87
        viryaboposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It wasn't coincidence. I had kontera turned on for a few months when i first started out many months ago.

Then i read in the forums somewhere that they didn't really add value to your earnings. And did infact affect adsense earnings in a way.

And the day i disabled Kontera, i earned my first revenue of £0.30p from adsense. I never activated it again since then.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I turned off Kontera too and have had record breaking months for Adsense since then.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I have seen only a very mild drop in earnings from Kontera after extensive testing.

I dont think it is true that you need 100,000 views to make Kontera worthwhile, you might as well say you need 50,000 views to make Adsense worthwhile.

You always have a certain number of earnings per views, the number of views does not dramatically change the overall percentage of earnings you make.

Even if you are getting a thousand visitors a day you could still earn enough for a large case of beer every month through Kontera.

Despite popular opinion against Kontera I dont think it is  aparticularly bad advertising system. It has a low impact on Google Ads and it does not take up page space.

The only real downside in my opinion is that some visitors might not like the rather annoying pop out advertisement form.

5. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I think it can hurt your readership.  I won't read a page with Kontera on it unless I really, really need to.

6. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

i immediately exit a page with any in text ad service - this could have long reaching consequences if lots of readers feel this way.

as for the service in general - many high profile, well visited blogs and sites, tested the service and decided it was a dud.

7. Angela Harris profile image74
    Angela Harrisposted 6 years ago

I highly recommend against it. I tried it for a couple of months. Adsense went down. Removed it, and Adsense almost immediately returned to prior amounts. And the amount I earned from Kontera wasn't bad at first, but then it turned into pennies a click. I've had other problems with Kontera also, but won't get into them.