jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Composite, or index hub

1. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I'm trying to consolidate 4 different hubs onto one "index" hub, basically a hub just to send readers to other hubs of mine on the same basic topic.  See http://hubpages.com/hub/a-comprehensive … ectricians

Have I overdone the links?  Is it even acceptable?  Is this kind of thing worthwhile to drive traffic (expected to be interested in all the hubs) to different hubs?  I plan on removing links between the other 4 hubs and add one to this hub, trying to get readers to this "index".

If this works, I have at least two more hubs to add to the four referenced in this hub, and will simply modify the one just published. 

Thanks for your help

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

This is just my humble two cents worth:

Index hubs don't work that well (for me at least.) However, that said, mine were in a completely different niche.

The hub looks fine to me, and I hope it works for you.

Here's a hub that may interest you on the general topic, if you ever wish to consolidate more of it in one hub:

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply, Wry.  The hub you reference certainly looks valuable, but (if I'm reading it right) gives a method for an actual table of contents in one hub for sections of that same hub.  I have chosen to break the subject into several hubs for more exposure, and want a table of contents for the entire series.

I'm hoping that the niche makes a difference in that readers of one of the hubs would probably be interested in the others as well, and maybe even 1 or 2 of the associated hubs not on the same basic topic.  In addition, one of the hubs is over a month old and has never been indexed.  I'm thinking the titles are too similar, and changed the unindexed one, but I hope for some exposure from this table of contents.

Time will tell, I guess.

4. SteveoMc profile image90
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Personally, I like the idea, and it seems promising.  Don't know a lick about such things but, 'what the hell'  if it works, we'll all be doing it.