jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Copied Content

1. Victoria Trix profile image60
    Victoria Trixposted 6 years ago

I was contracted to write a bunch of articles for a client who later did not pay for the articles. Recently I ran them with copyscape before posting them and found that they are already being used by someone on hubpages. The content is stolen since I was never paid for it from the client. I do still have the emails that I sent to the client requesting payment several times. What steps should be taken to have the stolen content removed?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

HubPages has a process in place to file a complaint in case someone believes their contents have been unlawfully copied and published here.

I am not so sure that non-payment of invoices would make your client's use of the articles unlawful, but that is for others to decide.

3. Victoria Trix profile image60
    Victoria Trixposted 6 years ago

If the articles were not paid for then the content still belongs to me which in turn would mean the content is stolen. Wouldn't that make it unlawful for the client to use the items that are stolen?

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whether materials have been "stolen" may depend on what the contract says and interpretation of applicable rules and regulations. Non-payment of property purchased does not automatically mean that there has been no transfer of property rights: There could be a situation where the rights have been irrevocably transferred, but the client has incurred a debt to you.

Again, this is not for me to advise you about. HubPages will know what appropriate action to take once a complaint has been filed.