jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Can you change Google Adsense Ads?

1. HELLA profile image60
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

Hi all! I have noticed that many of my hubs have many of the same Adsense ads, some of which do not relate to my products at all. Can I specify what ads go into each specific hub? (God that's a lot of work....) Thanks again!

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

You can block adverts out from showing on any hub, if there are some general ones that you'd prefer not to display.

There's an option to block them in your adsense account.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Yep, it's easier to block out the generic ads, they are reallly annoying and definitely hurt CTR.

4. HELLA profile image60
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the help. And I can do this for each specific hub too? It looks like I just place the URL so I assume my hubpages.com/articlename and it will block generic ads or competitive ads for that specific hub?

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Ad blocking is done in your AdSense account, and can only be applied across the entire account, not to specific Hubs.  You enter the URLs of the ad competitors, not Hub URLs.

Note that during the 40% timeshare when HubPages affiliate code is associated with your Hub that your ad preferences won't be applicable.

Improving your web content and narrowing Hub tags to be tightly specific can also help improve the relevance of ads.

1. HELLA profile image60
      HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache! That is very useful.

2. HELLA profile image60
      HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh wow, so there is a timeshare, eh? It's not 40% and 60% in terms of cutting the monetary amount, but actually placing their own ads in your hubs...hmmm

6. 0
    Whikatposted 6 years ago

Great Information, If I just blocked the third party ads from displaying general ads on my hub, how long does it take before all the general ads are not being used on your hub?

I also understand that hubpages can keep the general ads on my hubs for their timeshare, but that still does not affect my earnings right?