jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)

If money wasn't an issue what would you do?

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I love watching documentaries and tv shows like Planet Earth. Anything that shows stuff we have never seen before.

If I had millions/billions of dollars I would spend money on exploring the seas and funding private space programs to learn about our world/universe/beyond. It is what intrigues me more than anything. I would love to explore the bottom of the Black Sea, as there an unknown amount of ships that have sunk there. What makes the black sea special is there are 1500 year old ships sunk there. If they were in one of the oceans they would not be in pristine condition. Right now we are aware that the ships are in great condition, now we are trying to find out if the humans that sunk with it are as well.

If you had a safe amount of money and income, what would you do AFTER you have everything you want?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd write...

2. Balmung profile image60
    Balmungposted 6 years ago

Buy as much land as I can around the world. Then hire as many soldiers and scientists as I can. I would then create a couple of nuclear missiles, and then try to take over the world. Once the whole world is under my control, I would shoot the moon down, capture all of its pieces, and open up the biggest cheese factory in the universe.

Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I liked the land idea, and the scientists one. The rest you would need lot more than a billion dollars.

2. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mmmm cheese!

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...i'd take over the world....but first i'd need a gazillion dollars...costs have risen since the last time i tried....

...oh my G!....she's serious....

4. SubmissionWork profile image59
    SubmissionWorkposted 6 years ago

Rite now my feeling is for having an awesome beach sided luxurious home and enjoying the view with some delicious food (Yes I am also hungry at the moment)

For the long term - Simply travelling world and enjoying awesome view of every country ... with their delicious food (I think now I should eat something smile

5. mrfluffy profile image71
    mrfluffyposted 6 years ago

Fund a research grant, to prove that toothbrush was invented in Wellingborough. I know this is true because if it was invented anywhere else it would be called the teeth brush!
    Oh and taking over the world has its appeal as well!

6. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

buy better Scotch

7. PurpleOne profile image90
    PurpleOneposted 6 years ago

Move to Costa Rica, learn Spanish.

Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well you can learn spanish now! haha, I've practiced a little bit and I actually worked with a mexican the last 2 weeks. he was teaching me. He used broken english and I used even more broken spanish, but we got mostly everything across, it was fun.

1. PurpleOne profile image90
        PurpleOneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is true, Mikeydoes, but I would rather do it in Costa Rica! wink I'm pretty sure I don't have the discipline to learn a new language where I live because there is no opportunity to practice it as in my town, everyone is the same color and speaks the same language.

8. Smart Rookie profile image74
    Smart Rookieposted 6 years ago

I'd buy everything in the world. The world would go on just as it was, except I'd own everything. Then I'd write up a will leaving all my worldly possessions (everything) to a single goldfish.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Would ya settle for a mermaid ,who resembles a goldfish smile

9. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.  Or maybe to hit a perfect C# all at the same time.  'They' say C# is AUM or OM, the breath or sound of the voice of God.  Might be veerrry interesting to see what answers.

10. A la carte profile image61
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

11. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

Move to North Carolina, write all morning, then watch the waves come in and out all day long, then go out dancing all night... I'd be in heaven.

12. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Not much would change.

I never believed that money buys happiness.  I have worked hard all my live to arrange things so that I can do what I enjoy every day, and here I am, enjoying my life.

If I suddenly hit the lottery, I'd definitely be giving a lot of it away very quickly. I'd only keep enough for "just in case" because I don't need much more than what I have.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years ago

I wonder if much will change for me..i will keep doing most of what I do.. probably turn most of the fund towards helping others..