1. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

I am kind of a crappy goal setter, and arguably worse at keeping them. But I really want to make it to Giant Squid on Squidoo this month (I've been hovering on the edge forever) and am thinking that maybe we could start a sort of support group for lousy goal keepers like me to encourage each other to stick to them. Any kind of goal accepted, though all of mine happen to be writing related. I've found that even just telling other people about a goal makes it more likely to be kept.

So, my goals for June:

- at least 50 high quality lenses (currently I have 46, a few of which need a little freshening)
    - at least 50 high quality hubs (currently I have 40, most of which I'm pretty pleased with)
    - at least 1000 words of femslash, because I've never tried it and I promised a friend I would

2. 0
    JohnBeeposted 8 years ago

Go for it Kerryg!!  You are right about telling people about your goals, so here are mine for June:

Finish my draft of chapter two of my thesis.  (yikes)
    Be a very nice person to everyone.  (really)
    Vacuum my office every week.  (yuk)
    Maintain 90+ on hubpages.  (yay)

3. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

What's femslash?

Finish editing ebook for my daughter.
    Send ebook to layout.
    Help my daughter publicise her ebook launch.
    Submit Jossey Bass book proposal for Charity Book project.
    Start work on Chapter 2 of Charity Book.
    Write 150 eBay listings (*eyeroll*).
    Complete marketing activity for new finance-related websites (approx 100 articles of 400 words or so).
    Write four weekly eClasses for the Cash-Smart Kids program.
    Organise four people to email their subscriber lists about Cash-Smart Kids.
    Follow up press release about video competition to get some press coverage. (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/05/prweb971934.htm for those who are interested - the girl in the video is just great!)
    Write 12 blog posts for Raising Entrepreneurs and two guest blog posts for other blogs.
    Complete recruiting project for client (anyone know a Microsoft Certified Service Engineer in Sydney who has English as a first language and can spell?)
    Publish at least three new Hubs.

You know, when I start listing my goals all in one place like this, it's no wonder I am feeling a bit pressed for time these days ... thanks for starting the thread! Food for thought ...