Noob question: hubscore dropping before publishing

1. 0
    Pumpapaposted 9 years ago

I'm working on my first hub, which I have yet to publish. I've noticed though, that my editing previews count as views, and that the hubscore has already dropped from the initial 50 to an instable 26.

I am confused.

2. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 9 years ago

Welcome to hubpages Pumpapa.
    Hub scores will go up and down and there is no definitive answear to your dilema... Once you have published your hub, in time, it the score will go up depending on the quality and originality of the content..that being said people have complained that there "high score" hub has dropped but could be due to a number of things..
    Good luck on your 1st hub, hopefully soon you will be here to help fellow new hubbers.

3. GreatTattoosNow profile image61
    GreatTattoosNowposted 9 years ago

I have also noticed that while I am working on a hub if I save it once or twice and come back to it the score typically drops down to 36 or so from the standard 50.  So you are not the only one experiencing this.

I have been trying to create my hub pages now in one sitting without saving it to come back later.  That way when they are published they start out as a 50.

Either way if you have original content and have not copied articles or text from anywhere and you have enough modules and text on your hub page the score will go up no matter what.

Hub scores of course entail a lot of factors and we don't know the secret mix.  However traffic, original content, and a hub that is updated and has a lot of components to it will always achieve better scores.