jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Clothing Affiliate

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I started to write on a particular brand of clothing.  In my research, I found that they offer a 5% affiliate - can I use this with Hub Pages?  Insert the code into a hidden capsule?  Is this allowed?

I will write the article regardless but wanted to know beforehand IF I should pursue this.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

How would a hidden capsule be beneficial?  That would prevent that material from ever being seen or interacted with on the Hub...

No one has ever said you can't use affiliate programs with Hubs.  It's just that all outbound linking rules and code insertion limitations apply.

3. GmaGoldie profile image86

So IF I apply and am accepted, and a code is given to me, I can insert the code into a capsule and use it - in full view?

Wouldn't the code be ugly.

I hate to sound dumb but I really don't understand how the affiliate code would be used - there is no room on the account side for this specialized affiliate clothing code - I presume the code would have to be insert into the individual Hub?

1. SarahSilver profile image60
      SarahSilverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to know too as I'm almost done creating my affiliate program. maybe you can use the HTML toggler in a text box to insert the linking image?

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, you cannot insert affiliate code (HTML) into HubPages. Your only option would be to create regular hyperlinks with the affiliate code inserted, if the affiliate program supports that type of links.

In that respect, the rules about "overly promotional" would apply - i.e. no more than two outbound links allowed to the same domain per hub, etc.

1. SarahSilver profile image60
        SarahSilverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh! that works, thanks!

4. nikmaya62 profile image49
    nikmaya62posted 6 years ago

How about cloak your affiliate URL?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As WE said above, the only way to insert your URL is to create a hyperlink.

There is no cloaking or coding options in hubs.

5. GmaGoldie profile image86

Thank you very much!  Very helpful!

working