New Photo Capsule

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (80 posts)
  1. Hello, hello, profile image60
    Hello, hello,posted 13 years ago

I found it very hard to work with it, almost impossible.  As before I clicked on Computer, press Browse,and had the picture. had all my uploaded pictures there and pressed to uploade it.

Now I can't get into my picture file. I can't download all the pictures for my hubs about a country.

1. Peggy W profile image94
      Peggy Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been reporting this for days.  Even impacted the last hub of the latest contest which is missing a good number of photos.  Tried just now...had the photos uploaded and all looked good until I went to finish editing the hub.  The loading sign continues to flash never completing the job.  Actually took time off to have breakfast and came back to see it still loading.  When I finally give up and click out of hubpages I have to sign in with name and password all over again even though I always click the "remember me" button.

Simply cannot use the new beta photo capsule!  Wish they would reinstall the old one that worked until they get the bugs out of this new one.  Once this new one works...being able to upload a number of photos at one time will be great...but in the meantime, it simply DOES NOT WORK.

Hello, hello,posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write this comment.  I don't know why they to change it.  It was perfect before and user friendly.  In the mean time we are loosing out in writing a good quality hub because I believe pictures does a lot to show people what you are writing about.

1. Amanda Severn profile image94
          Amanda Severnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been trying to upload pictures to a new hub for several days now. No luck so far. Just a few minutes ago I tried to add two new pictures to an existing hub, and again failed. It's frustrating to say the least.

2. larryfreeman profile image78
      larryfreemanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Hello, Hello,

I want to make sure that I understand your issue.

Are you doing the following:

1)  Add a new Photo Capsule
      2)  Edit the Photo Capsule
      3)  Click the "Upload" tab
      4)  Click the "choose photos" button

I tried these steps and I was able to browse through my images.

If you are not following these steps or if you are getting a different result, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Larry

Thank you for your help and will try again according to your instruction. Wil let you know.

2. eventsyoudesign profile image60
        eventsyoudesignposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Larry,

Hi! I have followed the exact instruction and I cannot  upload photos to my hubs either. I can on other sites, but not this one. Here is the message I keep receiving.

* An error occurred while uploading the file CIMG0802.JPG

Thanks for any help.
        Teresa

3. eventsyoudesign profile image60

Larry,
        I am still unable to use the beta photo capsule. It does not matter what size picture I am trying to upload. I receive the same message, "An error occurred while uploading the file version 2.jpg". I have followed your instructions as well as others.
        I was told to do it this way and it did not work. Always open the hub that you want to edit ( and upload the photo) from "my account".. Go to my account, scroll to the hub you want to edit and click on Edit button ... Do not open the hub and then click edit. You have to click the edit button on "My Account" page. No luck. I am not sure what else I can do. Thanks again for your help!
        Desperate in Tennessee!

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
          Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Teresa,

I'm sorry that you are still having trouble! Based on the error message you are getting, the file(s) that you tried to upload either couldn't be read, or couldn't be transferred to our servers for some reason. It's possible that our servers were experiencing temporary problems, but it sounds like this has been a recurring problem for you, so perhaps the issue is more serious than that.

I'm going to contact you directly via email so that we can try to figure out what is going wrong.

"Some kind of error occurred while reading or transmitting the file. This most commonly occurs when the server unexpectedly terminates the connection"

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Yep, I'm having the same frustrations. The loading sign just keeps flashing. Peggy W, I'm sorry to hear that it screwed up your contest entries.

I wish they'd give the old way as an option as well. This is the Fourth Quarter after all and I make my living online. I don't have time to babysit this any time of year, but the Christmas selling season is really busy for me. I have all sorts of required updates for other merchants and programs.

3. Petra Vlah profile image61
    Petra Vlahposted 13 years ago

IT IS A NIGHTMARE! I spent 3 hours last night going throug the same problems you mentioned and then I decided NOT to publish the hub.
    How was this nonesens supposed to help? I am not publishing anything until they fix this S**t - sorry guys, I am frustrated out of my mind.

4. larryfreeman profile image78
    larryfreemanposted 13 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with the new Photo Capsule.

I am going through all your comments and trying to reproduce the problems that people report.  Once we reproduce a problem, we should be able to quickly fix it.

I will be testing with:

Firefox on Windows
    Firefox on Mac
    IE
    Safari
    Chrome
    Opera

I will be reporting on this thread as I have updates on the many bugs that people have reported.

If you don't mind, it will really help me if you could identify the browser you are using and the sequence of steps that led to the problem.

I am assuming that everyone is having problems with the "Upload" tab.  Is anyone having problems with the "Import" tab or the "My Photos" tab?

Thanks very much,

-Larry

1. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I use Firefox and have multiple times had no upload tab visible,though it seems to come around after i navigate away from page and right back.

5. profile image0

Hi Larry,

I feel so much better knowing you're looking after us on this!

When I'm working n a hub trying to upload a picture everything looks great, until I click to save the capsule and then it just sits there loading, until everything freezes. As I said before I use IE7.

However, I have found that if I click on "my account", then click on "my photos beta", upload my pictures in there. AND THEN go to into my hub and just insert the picture that way, everything is fine, when I click save the capsule.

...hmmmmm. Is this a clue for my favorite computer Sherlock?

1. larryfreeman profile image78
      larryfreemanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nelle,

Thanks very much for the info!  I was able to reproduce the issue in IE7!

I'll report back on this thread when I have a further update.

-Larry

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
        Petra Vlahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Larry for coming online and give us hope. The sooner you manage to fix the problem, the better for all of us.

I agree.  Thanks Larry.  Don't want to tear my hair out over this but have been tempted.  :-)

2. profile image0
        Giselle Maineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HI Larry

Thank you so much! I too am having the same problem with the photo loader.  I really appreciate knowing you are working on it, it actually does make a difference to us hubbers (instead of being just left wondering what is going on).  Thanks again!

3. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Larry,

Just so you know - I haven't had a single problem with the photo capsule since the update, using google chrome.

I have not seen a single person posting about a problem with photo capsules in google chrome. So that's one thing less to worry about!

(And anyone who really wants to hub, hop on chrome!)

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From my reading of the forums, it's Firefox users who seem to have the fewest problems with Hubbing.

Firefox also has a number of useful plugins to help with things like SEO and page speed, so I won't be switching to Chrome any time soon.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True - although in this case I have seen firefox users having problems with the photo capsule.

I personally use both firefox and chrome.

Firefox for my toolbars & research and chrome to write and browse.

2. Peggy W profile image94

Hi Nelle,

I just tried your approach which worked for you and it sadly did not work for me.  Everything looks fine until I go to finish editing the hub and that is where it stays frozen in the "loading" mode.  I SURELY hope that they fix this soon...or PLEASE go back to the old photo loading method which worked well.  Pretty please?

6. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 13 years ago

I have had similar problems but it seemed to fix itself after i went away from the hub and came back to it immediately. Sorry for all that this is affecting. Personally I'm not too fond of the new feature myself as it is so easy to save your pictures already on your computer and really how often will anyone be using the same pictures in multiple hubs. Makes it kind of generic looking to be repetitive with your pictures in my opinion.

7. profile image0

So the computer angel just left. He checked all six computers in the house and at the office to see if anything is wrong. Everything's fine. So he's stymied as to why I can't upload and you guys can. Says I'm probably missing a somthing, somewhere. I love it when the computer angel talks techie. He had no miracles to work.

So he downloaded Firefox, since that's what seems to work best with HP and told me to use it to upload pics and stop wasting my time and get back to work.

I'm uploading fine in Firefox. And thankfully downloading FF didn't mess up any of the other stuff, which always seems to happen when we add stuff.

If we download Firefox does that then become our default browser?  We have been happy with Internet Explorer.  Or can one have both and just use FF for photo downloading?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Once you've got used to Firefox, you'll see no reason to go back to IE7 - it's much better!

8. profile image0

Computer angel did this for me. But when you download, you get to choose if it's your default browser. Just say no. And I've just been using it for the photo thing and going back to IE7 after. so far so good...

Thanks to you and Marisa for the advice.  Going to doublecheck with the computer guru who just built our new computer tomorrow about uploading Firefox.  2 ladies I talked to this weekend like it also...so I appreciate this advice.  I think that the hubpage gurus still need to make this available to everyone...including those of us who presently use Internet Explorer...and am sure with all of this feedback they are probably working on accomplishing it ASAP.

9. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Not working for me either, I cannot publish any new hubs till this is fixed.  I liked the old version better.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Diane, please don't let this stop you. Give FF a try, you only have to use it to upload photos then you can go back to IE if you want to. It doesn't seem that it's a big deal to download it - and so far it hasn't messed up my system.

I HATE TO BE THE BIG BAD WOLF ---- BUT WHY NOT LET THE OLD SYSTEM BE WHEN IT WORKED PERFECTLY  --- WHY CHANGE?  ----  I AM SORRY BUT WE ALL ARE UNDER TIME PRESSURE AND TRYING TO GET AS MANY HUBS OUT AS POSSIBLE  ---

PLEASE, COULD WE HAVE OUR OLD PHOTO CAPSULE BACK?

1. profile image0

I understand your frustration and yes it should work for IE people. I did not want to have to go to FF, but it was the only way to keep working efficiently and so far it has worked. Sometimes you do what you have to do to keep growing cashflow. And it hasn't been that bad. It helped the past few days when others encourage me. That's all I was trying to do.

10. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

I too seem to be having photo upload problems on my last two Hubs.

All goes well until I hit the Publish button and then I get the loading messages which goes on and on till the cumputer times out.  Then I get thrown out of HubPages and have to sign in again.

Even when I tried again then came here to report it I got thrown out.

I know you're trying to constantly improve and update but I was always told if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I assume you are familiar with the computer term F.U.B.A.R.

Be careful... you may be getting close....

11. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Wow! The new Photo capsule worked wonderfully, I just tried it with google chrome and no glitches, it was the fastest so far!! Thank you team HP!!

smile smile smile

12. lex123 profile image80
    lex123posted 13 years ago

The new photo capsule works very well. I had no problem. I'm using Firefox.

13. larryfreeman profile image78

Hi Everyone,

I am glad to hear that Firefox and Chrome are working fine with the new photo capsule.  It sounds like IE7 is still hitting some problems.

I'll continue testing today to see if I can reproduce those issues (the issue I found before has already been fixed.)

It sounds like the problems occur when you click "Publish" or when you try to save a hub.  Is that the point where the problems occur for IE7?

Thanks,

-Larry

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60
      Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Larry,

That's when I hit the Wall.... when I click "Publish" or when you try to save a hub. 

Everything works up to then, photo selection Etc.

Then I get a little flashing symbol saying Loading and never goes away.

When you abort nothing is saved and you get booted out of Hubs and have to sign in again.

but it only seems to be the photots  that's not loading.

14. profile image0

Yes Larry I'm still having the same issue. Do you think I'm missing something like adobe flash player - not that one specifically. But could there be some cool thing that HP has on all their computers that I've never put on mine, that's making it hang up?

Nelle, do you see a bright green upload button, or is it just a regular gray button with a message suggesting that you should download Flash Player?

If you see a green button, please go to this page and tell me what version of flash player you have.

1. profile image0

My Upload tab is grey and my choose photo button is olive green, if that's what I'm supposed to be looking at. But I went to the site that you said to click on anyway. It said "Your Player Version" Win 10,0,32,18.

I'm pretty resolved to just getting used to FF - HP actually runs alot faster on it.

I just wish a hubber who is successfully using IE7 would let us know. I'm getting kind of curious.

Thanks for looking up your Flash Player version for me. Your version is pretty new, so I don't think that's the problem, unfortunately.

I have IE7 on my computer and don't have any problems with it. That's why this is so confusing. Several other HubPages staff members have told me that they are having no problems with IE8, either. That's why the problem -- whatever it is -- hasn't been fixed yet. I can't fix a problem that I can't find.

Still trying, though ...

15. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

My new hub that was published after the upgrade has a picture in it, but the picture doesn't show on the profile page. I have just a white box. I am not sure if that has to do with the upgraded picture upload or what.

There was a bug in the code that generates thumbnails. It's fixed now, and repairing the missing thumbnails is on my to-do list. I went ahead and fixed yours manually, so it should look right everywhere within a few hours.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool. Just didn't know if it had anything to do with the new photo capsule, because that's the only hub that seemed affected.

16. ns1209 profile image65
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

Chrome is working perfectly fine and honestly IE is rubbish now!

If it was not the default browser no one would use it!

ns1209, if you would do me a favor, please answer the same question that I asked Nelle about what you see when you upload photos in IE, and what version of Flash Player you have (if any). You can find what version you have here. Thanks!!

Same goes for anybody else still having problems related to the photo capsule in IE.

17. larryfreeman profile image78

Hi Everyone,

So far, I'm not able to reproduce the problem.  I am using IE 7 on Windows XP.

I've been focusing on variations of two scenarios:

Add Photo to Existing Hub
    1) Go to an existing hub
    2) Click the Add Photo Button or the ">" above a capsule to add photo.
    3) Click "edit" button
    4) Click upload tab
    5) Load up a file locally
    6) Click save (sometimes, I enter source, description, and url and sometimes not)
    7) Click "Done Editing"

Add Photo to a New Hub
    1) Create a new hub with photo capsule
    2) Click "edit" button
    3) Click upload tab
    4) Load up a file locally
    5) Click save (sometimes entering description/url/source)
    6) Click "Publish Now" or "Done Editing" 

If you are doing something differently and having the problem, please let me know.  Once I can reproduce the problem, Fawntia and I can figure out what's up.

1. Amanda Severn profile image94
      Amanda Severnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't actually tried again this evening as I've only just logged in, but the problem seemed to materialise when loading a second picture.

2. Merlin Fraser profile image60
      Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope...

Tried both ways everything works right up pressing the Done Editing or Publish Button then it freezes until you abort then it throws you out...

1. Gloria Green profile image67
        Gloria Greenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also have been trying for 2 days to upload my pictures on hubs, and also to "Preview", and nothing happens--the Photo capsule only flashes, and never uploads--very frustrating!

3. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having the same problem, Larry, but I'm running IE8 on Windows 7...

Like Nelle, I've been using FF to get my hubs published with photo with no problem, then I go right back to IE.

18. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

I gave up on Internet Explorer and using the new photo downloading tool so followed several people's advice and just downloaded Firefox.  Now I can resume downloading photos again!  Added the remaining ones to my last hub.  Hooray!  Just thought that I would report my success.

19. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 13 years ago

Just tried again with my Ophelia hub. No luck, and in fact the left hand picture options box (upload, etc) now disappears as soon as the first picture has been uploaded.  When I tried to finish editing, the 'loading' sign flashed continually until I eventually just exited the hub. I'm giving up on this until later in the week. Maybe it will be sorted by the weekend.

20. Squirrelchaser profile image60
    Squirrelchaserposted 13 years ago

Ditto.  I can't upload my pictures to my hub, just to my edit page.  Hurry up and fix this.  I've got things to do!

21. vtatum profile image61
    vtatumposted 13 years ago

Ditto everyone else's problems with uploading photos. Uploading Adobe Flash just made HubPages crash every time I pressed Upload.

Hubpages should fix the problem, because THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER BLOG SITES TO JOIN if the problem continues.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that is a bit of an extreme statement.  When new features are added, they sometimes have a few bugs.  This is a fairly new update to the photo capsule feature.  I understand why people are frustrated, but a little patience isn't too much to ask, is it?

22. Dale Nelson profile image37
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Hi Larry,

I have tried to different servers with the ie7 and both show the picture in the edit mode, but are taking forever to upload. They upload into the hub, but the hub "done editing" gets stuck because it freezes in the loading mode.

I got so irritated, I had to nuke the photo capsule from a new hub.The program also does not show all the pictures in the folder even if they are jpg or gif.Some are missing. I havent tried loading to the my fotos section in the dashboard though.Scared I freeze my pc.
    Do i really have to go back to Firefox.

23. larryfreeman profile image78

Hi Everyone,

Fawntia just pushed out a fix.  Our fingers are crossed that this fixes the issue.

If not, please try the following:

1.  Close all instances of IE
    2.  Restart IE
    3.  When you get to HubPages. hold down the shift key and click the refresh button.

If the problem still occurs, please let us know the steps you did before you hit the problem.  Every I test it, it works fine for me.  If you tell me what you are doing and I can hit the same problem, then we can fix it for sure.

Thanks very much,

-Larry

1. eventsyoudesign profile image60

Thanks for your help. I can now post pictures. I am happy! Teresa

24. Amanda Severn profile image94

Seems to be working fine now.Thank you!

Are you using FF or IE? 

I just tried it and when I press choose picture all my latest pictures coming up which is no use for a new hub.  I clicked into my picture and it didn't click into my file with the pictures and there were headings of documents only.

Is it only through FF working?  How do I do that?

It should be working in both IE and FF now. If you want to upload photos from your computer, then a green "Upload Photos" button should be visible as soon as you open a photo capsule. Click on that button, and it will open up a box that will let you choose photos from your computer. You might have to navigate to a different folder/directory to find your photos. (It sounds like this is where you got confused.) Once you find the folder that you store your photos in, you can choose multiple photos by holding down the ctrl key (or the Apple key if you are using a Mac) while clicking on each photo that you want.

Does that make sense?

Thank you for your help and I try tomorrow again and let you know.  I wish they would as it was.

25. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Worked for me this time as well, Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it.

26. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

Maybe it depends on what you are using.  I use Firefox, and have had no problems uploading photos.  I have found it easier to work with, actually.  Just thought I would let the HP staff know that there are some who aren't having an issue.  I just finished three hubs in the past 3 days, and had no problems uploading photos to any of them.  Hope this helps figure out where the issue is.

Anna, thanks for letting us know that you've had a good experience. I think we've ironed out the kinks in all of the different browsers at this point, so hopefully everyone has a good experience from here on out.

2. Hello, hello, profile image60

Thank you for your help and advice. I will try it.

27. Amanda Severn profile image94

Hello, hello, I'm using IE and it seems to be fine now. Have you had any luck?

I just done it and it also worked for me.  Thank you to everybody who helped me.

28. eventsyoudesign profile image60
    eventsyoudesignposted 13 years ago

Larry,
    Hi! I am sorry to continue bothering you but, I have not been successful in uploading photographs as of yet. I use firefox. I  have check to see that my photos are the correct size. I was unable to send you a photo from my email. not sure why, but it would not up load the image. I have tried to upload pictures that I have used in the past. Nothing seems to work. I had absolutely no trouble placing the same pictures on facebook. Thanks again for any help.
    Teresa

I'm not Larry, but I will try to help. When you try to upload the photo, do you get an error message? What does it say? If you don't get an error message, then can you be more specific about when happens when you try to upload the photo?

29. eventsyoudesign profile image60

I am having problems with the "Upload" tab, the "Import" tab and the "My Photos" tab? I use firefox on windows. I don't know who else to turn to. Thanks again. Teresa

30. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Got a server error when trying to upload two pictures from my computer to the photo capsule. using firefox.

Whitney, I don't think I've made any changes recently, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I was able to upload a photo using the photo capsule just now in Firefox. Are you still having this problem? It might have been a temporary issue.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't tried since yesterday. I just kept getting the error every time I tried to upload more than one picture at a time.

Edit: got the message again trying to upload one picture

31. tonymac04 profile image72
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

My experience with this has been great! I am using Firefox on and XP platform and it works great, at leat most of the time. In fact I am having more success with this than the previous photo capsule.
    Two small niggles I have encountered have been sometimes the caption I write under a pic doesn't show, and there is one photo I have tried and tried to upload, but it just won't. No message or anything - it seems to be uploading, the tick appears and when I click "Finish" the pic simply isn't there! Just this one pic, don't know what might be causing this as other pix in the same folder have uploaded fine. The pic is a jpeg, likethe others.
    But aside from this I love the new capsule and the photo gallery - has made writing Hubs much easier for me.
    Thanks

Will you email me the photo that won't upload? My email address is my username followed by .fowler [at] hubpages.com. I'll try to figure out what's wrong.

1. tonymac04 profile image72
        tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Fawntia - I have tried sending you the photo but the emial bounced back. I'm getting my ISP to look into why this happened right nowe. Meanwhile there is a second photo which seems just not to upload whatever I do. Same story as before.

2. eventsyoudesign profile image60

Thanks for your  help. I can now post pictures. Teresa

32. eventsyoudesign profile image60

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE ME THEIR INPUT. I can now post picture. I am happy! Teresa

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)