jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Two different Font Sizes?

1. 0
    Whikatposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a question about a hub I just published. I used two different fonts on the same hub. Now, I am questioning whether I should have done that or not. Has anyone else ever used different font sizes in one hub?

I used the larger fonts to emphasize a particular area, but I am not sure if it looks spammy?

Any advice would be warmly welcomed. smile

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Personally, I found that it was not too bad with larger font in the body text area. But in the product listings, it gives a rather aggressive impression. Moreover, it seems to detract from the importance of your core text. I would let the reader decide what is important to them, using bold-type conservatively, and a larger font only in a few select places if at all.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I agree with WE-- the large type in the product area makes it look like one big ad.
    (I didn't even know we could do this-- is it just bolded?)

4. 0
    Whikatposted 6 years ago

Thank you WE and Rochelle,
    Your opinions are very helpful and appreciated, I shall revise the hub asap. smile

I just used Heading 2 instead of paragraph. Thanks again for the tips.

5. 0
    Whikatposted 6 years ago

Issue resolved,  I changed all the font to paragraph style and I like the look to the hub much better. I am glad that friendly advice about such matters is available on hubpages to people who ask a lot of questions like me smile

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good job there Whikat! You have a lot going for you, so it's worthwhile helping you anytime.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Yes, it looks better. Maybe you could try BF on just the name of each printer and see if you like the look.

1. 0
      Whikatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Rochelle and WE, You Rock! smile

I did Bold the printers as suggested, I like the look of it.
      I think it makes the printers easier to find if you just scroll through the article, which I confess I am sometimes a scroller. smile

Thanks for your help in making my site look a little more professional. It's more fun to learn with the help from some friends.

working