jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Writing hubs & citation of sources

1. adrienne2 profile image81
    adrienne2posted 6 years ago

Interested in writing an extensive hub on a certain type of dishes.  My question is when using recipes I find on the internet, are recipes cited?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Recipes are under a somewhat partial copyright. You can reproduce the ingredients and measurements, but not the actual preparation and cooking methods.

As with any material on the Internet, you cannot simply take something like a recipe, article, etc., reproduce it in its entirety and consider it fine as long as you give attribution. You need to have express permission from the owner of the recipe (or article or whatever). You can cite small snippets as long as you use quotes and give attribution.

If you do not have a recipe of your own, your best bet is to describe the recipe and then link to the original.

adrienne2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I was not sure of the particulars on recipes.  I appreciate your help with giving me clarity on writing hubs with recipes.  I see I would simply write for example; for complete details please go to (then put the link).

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have wondered about that because there are a lot of recipes on HP.. I saw one of my cookbooks tonight and thought of incorporating recipes into articles about specific subjects, not so much cooking related topics but maybe a cozy recipe included in a hub about winter activities.. etc.

adrienne2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats a good idea to incorporate your recipes into articles.  Is it a cookbook you authored?  I was reading Rmcrayne awesome hub on vegetarian burgers.