jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (20 posts)

Mozilla Firefox or IE?

1. andycool profile image68
    andycoolposted 6 years ago

Hi! I'm new to HubPages. Are there any advantages of using Mozilla Firefox over IE for SEO purposes?

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you must use IE as firefox crashes more easily than IE

1. skyfire profile image72
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Hub Pages will run on either but Firefox is way better.
    I will leave it to the experts here to give the nitty gritty details.

1. andycool profile image68
      andycoolposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I too think so, thanks for your reply!

3. ns1209 profile image34
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

I use Chrome - it is so fast - don't use IE it is horrible and so so slow!

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

There have been a lot of reports of IE not working well with publishing hubs.  I had trouble with it loading photos as well, and finally went to FF for all my HP work.  I like it better, now that I've used it, anyway.

5. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

Use FF or Chrome. As far as I know there is no impact in SEO of using these over IE but surely FF or Chrome works better for HP when using for hubbing. Lets see what the experts say. I personally never heard of anything like the "relation of browser with SEO".

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds basically correct! There are some SEO-related extensions for Firefox and Chrome; one more reason to switch.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WE, what extensions are you referring to for Chrome? Most toolbars etc won't install on Chrome,so I use FF to do anything SEO search related.

Would be interested to know what Chrome extensions you're referring to (The only one I've found puts a button next to my Customise Wrench, called Chrome SEO.)

1. Pcunix profile image89
          Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you google "chrome seo" you will find many toolbars and plugins.

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm why didn't I think of anything that obvious?

I'd tried for a few things but most aren't configured for chrome.

Thanks!

2. andycool profile image68
        andycoolposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks all for sharing... I'll switch to FF and/or Chrome as soon as possible. Any idea whether plugins for OnlyWire and SocialMarker are supported on Chrome?

1. skyfire profile image72
          skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Onlywire discontinued browser add-ons. Socialmarker uses bookmark function for redirection.

6. Sally's Trove profile image98
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

Some sites like sxc.hu (where I find most of the photos that illustrate my Hubs) don't play well with FF. Mostly, I use FF, but when it comes to sxc, I use IE. I've sent messages to sxc explaining what happens. They don't address the problem.

The universal common software based on a common standard still doesn't exist.

Bottom line, I use both.

7. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

IE gives me grief when I'm using code capsules, FF does not.

8. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I mostly use Chrome because it is fast and has many of the better Ff extensions and doesn't crash like FF.

However, I do use FF if I have need of a particular extension and also use Safari and Opera now and then.

9. timorous profile image90
    timorousposted 6 years ago

I haven't tried Chrome, but Firefox beats IE hands down.  IE is just plain annyoing.  Some types of videos just don't work in IE.

Firefox 3.6 will remember what web page you were looking at if your system goes down for some reason.  Next time you start Firefox it goes to that page (usually without requiring you to sign in again)!  I doubt if IE will do that.

Seems like many of us are abandoning IE in droves.  Yay!  Leave it to the corporate world who don't know any better. mad

10. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Yep, IE is not working too well for HP capsules, Fire fox and Chrome are wonderful, fast and smooth I have no glitches since I have switched.

11. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Chrome only recently started supporting extensions. So there are fewer of them, and they may be well tested compared with those for Firefox.

working