jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

what to do?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

In my 5 recent hubs about suicide prevention and awareness ads are disabled. I mailed the team and their reply was:

" Your other hubs include information on suicide, a topic that is sensitive in nature. We want hubs that are well-written and important to remain published, even if they cover topics that are too sensitive to be advertiser-friendly. Your hubs will remain published, your HubScore will not be impacted, and you may use Amazon capsules. Let us know if you have any questions."

So, will I try them to publish elsewhere or keep them here only for reputation? I had a plan to write 5-10 more related hubs. But disabled ads are not inspiring me at all. What should I do?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have no Adsense account, so what does it matter? Keep them here with ads disabled, move on to something else.

saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you are right, but someday I will get Adsense. Whatever I will keep them here and move on.

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Keep these hubs on hubpages and apply for adsense.Also write more hubs and more articles means you adsense account will approve easily and faster if you have more articles

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I'd say use Amazon adverts, but I'm not sure exactly what you could place on suicide hubs.

It's up to you. Some other sites that don't use adsense may take them.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Maybe you should take Norah's advice:

"Creating multiple forum threads about having ads disabled will not expedite the review of your hubs."

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They've already been reviewed. This is not the same topic - he's questioning what other methods he can use to monetize them - either on hubpages or another site.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

It's really hard to monetize these types of topics without looking like you're trying to cash in on someone else's misery.

If you know of books on suicide prevention and depression you could recommend a couple personally and give an in depth reason why - it might actually be appreciated by the reader. But I think streaming products in a strip right beside text on suicide is pretty risky.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well said. I don't think I'd be good at choosing things to sell on a suicide hub - as you said, cashing in on someone elses misery.

5. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Saleheen you could always use Amazon  books  on handling problems of self confidence, Low self esteem, handling rejection, handling failure , fear etc to monetize your hubs.
    Books on communication skills, assertiveness etc can be thrown in.
    Hope this helps.

saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will certainly work on it.

6. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 6 years ago

Dude, just don't mention suicide prevention!
    Call it "Life extension" or "improving the quality of life"!

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would surely destroy the article.

working